emotion charades.

no talking
no body language

behind the scenes as brett and eddy record a violin charades video while the sun sets in vancouver.

-

eddy sighed as he set up the camera to film in their small hotel room. he wasn't tired really, just unmotivated to make a video. the threat of the setting sun didn't make him move any faster. besides, he had other things on his mind. like brett.

brett was cutting out the little pieces of paper for violin charades and putting them in a bag. he concentrated hard on not cutting his fingers off with the scissors. he was the tired one out of the two of them, a long day of sightseeing in vancouver and then practicing for their concert tomorrow had taken its toll.

finally, the two had finished setting up for the video and brett joined eddy on the small brown couch, resting his head on eddy's shoulder.

"you tired?" eddy asked.

"mhm," brett responded with a short hum. nevertheless, he stood up and pressed record on the camera. they had work to do.

-

being in front of the camera always gave the two violinists an extra burst of energy, especially when it came to high stakes games like violin charades. this game turned out to be much harder than the rest, for a few reasons.

first, because emotions on the violin was hard. sorrowful? who uses the word sorrowful?

and second, because brett couldn't keep his eyes off of eddy, who was very distracting. as eddy started to play salut d'amour, he couldn't help but gaze into his boyfriend's eyes and admire his soft-featured face. that's probably why it took him so long to guess the emotion. it was love.

-

they finished the video soon enough and brett got up to turn off the camera. meanwhile, eddy sprawled his lanky body across the couch in exhaustion.

brett walked silently back to the couch and maneuvered himself on top of eddy, his head snuggling into eddy's neck and their legs intertwining. the couch was definitely not large enough for the two of them, but they made it work.

"you turned off the camera, right?" eddy asked, a tinge of anxiety in his voice.

"yes," brett responded, pressing a soft kiss below eddy's ear, "stop worrying."

the two always worried about the risk of their relationship getting public. they weren't ready to come out to their fans, much less the rest of the world. so, they kept it a secret, only holding hands in private or in otherwise empty places. whenever they filmed they tried to keep from being too close together or looking at each other often, but sometimes they slipped up.

there were many times where the two had hugged or kissed in front of the camera, and had to cut the videos themselves before sending them to the editors.

when filming lingling40hrs brett would stare at eddy's smile as he laughed and then kiss his upturned lips until they came to the realization that they would have to refilm their reactions to the memes. during ling ling workout challenges eddy would hug brett from behind out of pure instinct as he struggled to play the violin. filming skits was especially difficult, as brett could hardly keep his hands off of eddy when he looked so regal and handsome in his viola king costume.

but of course, the fans didn't know about any of that.

instead, the two opted for more discreet ways of being affectionate while they filmed. sometimes, they would hold hands under the table while they reacted to prodigy videos, making sure that their hands stayed out of frame. when they sat next to each other, eddy would maneuver his arm to casually rest on brett's back, tracing his spine with his long fingers.

now, eddy sought to calm himself down by stroking brett's soft hair as the shorter violinist laid upon his chest.

"im not worried. not with you here," eddy responded after awhile.

the two were in heaven, lying in each others arms, the vancouver setting sun casting a warm orange light over their hotel room. though, the small couch wasn't exactly conducive to comfortable cuddling.

brett didn't mind too much, though, his small body could handle the tiny couch. he let himself get lost in pressing short, sloppy kisses to eddy's long neck and jawline. but it wasn't long until eddy sat up, brett still propped up on his lap, and brett arms wrapped possessively around his neck.

"we can't lay here forever," eddy said, trying to encourage brett to get off of his lap so that they could go to bed.

brett ignored him, continuing to kiss and suck on the soft skin of eddy's neck. he was finally acting on all of the feelings he had to surpress while they filmed violin charades, and didn't want to stop anytime soon.

"baby, c'mon," eddy pleaded, leaning away from brett, worried that brett was going to leave marks if he wasn't careful. that would show on camera.

brett continued his assault, mumbling a small "no" into eddy's neck.

so eddy took things into his own hands, quite literally.

he wrapped brett's legs around his waist, picking up brett and setting him down on the bed as if he were a stubborn child.

"bedtime, little yang," eddy commanded, trying his best not to be convinced by brett's puppy eye gaze, "i know you're tired, don't try to fool me."

wearing a small frown on his face, brett snuggled deep into the bedcovers, leaving space for eddy to get in.

eddy got into bed, reaching out to hold brett's hand under the covers.

"bedtime kiss?" brett asked, his voice small.

eddy leaned in, pressing a painfully soft kiss upon brett's lips. payback for the hickeys.

"that doesn't count!" brett whined.

eddy grabbed his face forcefully, this time giving brett a more aggressive and passionate kiss, one that made brett's stomach do somersaults.

eddy pulled away, and the two laid in silence, breathing heavy while brett curled his body up close to eddy.

"so which emotion was that?" eddy asked, his voice a whisper.

"i love you."

"that's what i thought."

-

a/n:

brett and eddy really tried me with their most recent video. like, can you believe this?

 like, can you believe this?

absolutely not fair!

i have been attacked

anyways i hope you liked the chapter:)