Part 36

Chapter 34

The news channels were reporting the massacre round the clock. It was all over with gruesome details and photos. The intriguing question was the area had been cordoned off by the security. Then how on earth had the photos been leaked? The PMO was panic-stricken. News channels were asking questions to the concerned government officials but no one was prepared to confront them. The blame game was on. The state government was being blamed for ineffective handling of the situation. The state government blamed the center for not giving funds to improve the state's pathetic police machinery.

No one was bothered about what immediate action had to be taken.

JK met the defense minister Ranjan Majumdar and briefed him. The Minister was rattling off the typical officialdom hypocrisy that had prevailed this country from the days of independence.

As he was rattling off, JK stood up, gathered his files and left, leaving the Minister Stunned. Contrary to popular belief, the Indian Intelligence has some of the mostsophisticated intelligence-gathering satellites in the Asian continent, courtesy the Israeli Mossad

JK went back to RAW Operations Command Center. This was the combined Indian Intelligence Command Center where all operations and operatives wereelectronically monitored by remote control satellites which could beam down from thousands of km from mother earth and identify a spider crawling under a branch of leaves. The man credited with this was Dr. Surender Dutta, ex-Director of RAW who believed India was better off beingunderestimated especially in the eyes of the public and the intelligence circles around the globe.

JK had ordered his team to keep the satellites focused on the North-East even before the attack happened.

The ultras had scattered back after the attack and moved through the thick and dense jungles crossed the border and were in Myanmar. The Chinese had a training camp 52 km east of the border. The Visuals picked up by the satellites were very clear and high resolution.

"Looks like they are going to party tonight and move on in the morning", he said with a smile on his face.

"Ashish, get me the co-ordinates", ordered JK.

His team had worked in this facility for the past eight years. They knew their boss well and, unlike all the rest, they knew what was going to happen.

"With Pleasure Sir", exclaimed Ashish the senior system administrator with a big grin on his face.

A final call was made to his Excellency, a three-minute conversation.

The final clearance was required from the Commander in Chief of the Indian Armed forces.

In the history of India from the time it got its independence, it had always been on the receiving side. Be it terrorist attacks from the ISI, LTTE or even the Maoists within the country. The successive governments from 1947 till date never had the courage to respond immediately with the use of decisive force.

But now, today, all that was about to change.

While the rest of the country and its citizenry were glued to the news channels and the government babus were fighting among themselves and debating over the worst massacre of security forces, 8 Dhruv 16RTZ Black attack helicopter with Commandos from the Elite NSG Counter-Terrorist Group took off in the dead of night from a secret army base in Arunachal Pradesh headed for Myanmar, in Hot Pursuit.

These choppers were specially designed byDRDO with the help of the Israeli'sfor the sole purpose of crossing International borders undetected by the best of satellites and radars. They were equipped with laser-guided heat missiles, RPG's and the most sophisticated and popular sizzling 1800 per minute Garnov MKS mounted assault rifles. The best part of Dhruv was that they were very silent, unlike the usual helicopters. They were akin to a Volvo bus speeding and crossing you on a highway, you won't realize it till they are just next to you. They were engineered to move at high speeds with a high degree of maneuverability. Something like a Cheetah hunting down its prey.

The commanding officer for this special mission was handpicked by JK, Major Randeep Rathore. He had given clear instructions to Randeep regarding the topography and the terrain, the ultras mindset. The orders were very clear, sweep down on the camp from three directions, close all escape routes and shoot to kill every member of the whole group. "I want each member head blown off at point-blank range, Major. And these are orders coming from your President, Commander in Chief of The Indian Armed Forces. Blow up all ammunition dumps and move out, I repeat, Move out and not Retreat. Back up Special Forces are ready to move in within minutes on receiving a message. Am I Clear Major Sandeep Rathore?"

"Yes, Sir" replied the Major.

At01.21 am, all 8 Dhruvs moved into action, just like the Volvo bus on the expressway, when it passes you is when you realize it.

The Ultras were stunned, shocked and had no time to react. The Dhruvsblazing missiles combined with the Garnov MKS were no match for the already stoned ultras. They were dead before they even realized what had happened.

The whole operation was over in 13 min 38 seconds. As promised, Rathore and his team blew the brains out of what was left of each member at point-blank range. They were back in Indian soil at 02.55 am.

JK drank the remaining of his, usual cold black coffee, lit a cigarette and went to sleep. In a few hours, the drums would start to beat, well, that was another day and that also would pass, just like the rest. But that night, he had a peaceful sleep, the souls of the best-trained jungle warfare soldiers had been laid to rest, peacefully.

JK woke at 7 am. Twenty-two missed calls on his mobile. He didn't bother and went back to sleep. The breaking news was all over the national television.

'India strikes back. 107 ultras dead as India orders surgical strikes across the border in Myanmar'

The times' headlines were even better ' PM Yogi makes history. Orders surgical strikes across the Myanmar border'

Bharat Shah was being roasted alive by the PM in his office. "I want to know who ordered these strikes? How can something like this happen without our knowledge? What the bloody hell are you doing, you idiot? This action had jeopardized relations with China. We had just finished a round of final bilateral discussions and now, this. All that we have worked on improving our relations have taken a bad hit." blasted the PM.

"But sir, Appreciation is pouring in from all directions. Your facebook page and social networking sites are abuzz with this decisive action. You are guaranteed another five years in office. The whole public applauds your guts to hit back. "defended Bharat.

"Shut up, you moron. I want the person who is responsible for this, in twenty-four hours or your head roles. Now get out." ordered the PM as Bharat scrambled away before he got another blasting.