Part 30

Chapter 28

On the flight from Dubai to Brussels, JK was deep in thought. Something just didn't add up. Why had Afzal used her name, not once but twice?

JK had all the background information on Afzal. From a low rung taxi driver and thief, graduated into dealing with arms from the seconds market in Afghanistan where he got introduced to the ISI. He was one of the many low rung agents who were given the responsibility to smuggle in infiltrators across the border. RAW had all the intel on his activities, his daily routine, his family whom he never saw and his deep liking for young boys. JK found his profile to be disgusting. Afzal was not in the league of the likes of Shirley alias Sherry Abraham.

JK had got in touch with his Isreali friends and a meeting with Shirley alias Sherry was set in Brussels. Once his flight landed at Brussels, he checked in at the Le Meridian.

The next day at 10.15 am, JK was with a group of tourists at The Art Gallery admiring some of the most beautiful masterpieces created by some European artists whom he had never heard of before. By the time he was on the sixth painting, an arm slid through his left arm, "Missed you, my darling", said the lovely woman's voice.

"Missed you too, babe", he said as he looked at the painting. From the glass pane, he made out a woman's black sweater, brown hair flowing down to her shoulders, a beautiful face with high cheekbones, just a dash of lipstick a light reddish colour, he couldn't make out the color of the eyes as she was wearing sunglasses but it didn't really matter as he had seen them for years, brown eyes which had a calming effect on the other person. A calming effect before the finger squeezes the trigger and her target's head gets blown off, brain matter scattered all over the place. How very strange is God's creation, he used to think at times.

"You look handsome, JK, as always." remarked the wonderful voice. She was almost his height at 5ft 11. There is a nice café overlooking the Bay of Isles. The weekend boat race was about to start. "Let's go honey", she said as they eased their way from the group of tourists.