Part 17

Chapter 15

The resort where Shyam Prasad worked was raided by the Police towards the end of September. Since the resort was operating without a license, the management had decided to stop entertaining any guests till the license was obtained. During the period, he kept himself busy with a couple of real estate deals he was handling on behalf of his clients, or rather guests. As he was taking some pictures of a piece of land, his cell phone rang. "Is this Shyam Prasad", asked the voice.

"Yes, Shyam here", he replied. "Hi Shyam I'm Rajinder Kumar, remember we had come there for a holiday some weeks back".

"Oh yes sir, I remember. How are you sir? What a pleasant surprise to hear from you." replied shyam.

"I'm good Shyam. How about you? How are your dogs?" asked Rajinder.

"They are fine, so how can I help you sir?" asked shyam, who was always quick on the uptake. He knew if the Commissioner was calling, it wouldn't be to ask about his dogs. There obviously had to be a good reason and he had a hunch what that could be. Perhaps a room booking.

"Well Shyam, some of my friends are planning of making a visit to your place in about two weeks, so would like to check about the availability of rooms?", asked Rajinder.

"Well two weeks from now, mmmm, one moment, let me just check the booking dairy", said Shyam. The fact was that there was no booking at all for the next two months and Shyam and his small team were reduced to swatting flies, but, one had to create an air of a busy schedule.

"Well sir, there are no bookings during this period. Could you please confirm the exact dates and number of persons?" asked Shyam.

"Great Shyam I shall ask my friends to talk to you and confirm the dates in a day or two." replied Rajinder.

"That would be fine sir." replied Shyam.

"Great, you take care Shyam. We'll meet up soon."

"Thanks a lot Sir, Bye." ended Shyam.

"Phew, Thank God", Shyam muttered to himself. He was almost broke and had to clear up some debts in the coming weeks.