Part 15

Chapter 13

Somnath's cellphone rang while he was spending the Sunday afternoon at Bar-b-que nation in Safdargunj enclave along with his wife and two daughters. He answered and went outside to talk in privacy. He was back in five minutes. They ordered for some kebabs and beer. Sunitha his wife of fifteen years remarked, "What happened, who was on the line?" "Nothing dear, just routine office matters." said Somnath with a smile and continued feasting on the mouth watering kebabs.

Nisha their eldest daughter broke the silence and engrossed them with the latest news on the athelatic feats she had just won. However Sunitha was more engrossed in her hubby. Of late he was behaving more indifferent, he seemed to be more engrossed in his thoughts and spent a lot of time by himself. She wondered if there was another woman in his life. Even their sex life was on the downside. Or was it stress that was eating into him. She made it a point to confront him rather than let these doubts eat her mind, but not today, today they were all going out for a movie, their first outing as a family in months. Nisha was crazy about Shah Rukh Khan and they booked tickets for the evening show for the blockbuster movie, Happy New Year.

The following day Somnath called one of his sources "Find me a resort, a place which must be away from civilization and must be small in nature, doesn't matter if only basic amenities are available, cost doesn't matter either."