Treasure...

Seonghwa's pov :

The next few days were mostly hectic. First, we carefully decided on all the songs we should include. Then, we decided on the line distribution, vocal lines, rap line,etc. Yeosang said he wasn't confident enough to sing so he requested for less lines.

After a lot of discussion, arguments, and opinions... We all agreed to the title of the album

                       "TREASURE"

It consisted of six songs :

1. Intro : Long Journey
2. Pirate King
3. Treasure
4. Twilight
5. Stay
6. My Way

We had added few new songs too while working on the previous songs.

Everyone practiced their parts and finally it was the day of our first studio recording. Nervousness was written over everyone's face. Why wouldn't we be nervous? It was going to be our first ever album together!

Jooheon was an amazing person. He knew, it was our first time recording something. He made us comfortable.

The studio was pretty small, but had lot of stuff in it. As if it was used by many artists since a long time. We went in, each of us one at a time while the others waited outside, a glass dividing the room.

After a lot of retries, we realized we were not good enough and hence it took us many days to fully record the whole album.

We also decided to call our band "ATEEZ" which literally meant "A TEEnager Z". A team, which will make teenagers from A to Z go crazy about them. We wanted our songs to be perfect for the teenagers. A group who makes songs teenagers can relate to. After all, teenagers are the future of our country.

▪️

"Aaahhahahahah" I heard a manic laugh from the top bunk.
"What's up Joong!?"
"Jooheon texted me just now. He said our album is going to be released on Wednesday, that is the day after tomorrow!!"

"What!? But that's too sudden!" I jumped out of my bed.

"But aren't we doing a photoshoot or something? What will be the on the the cover?" I suddenly realized.

"Oh. We talked about it. And we finally agreed to keep it plain. We got it designed though!"

"Aw, plain... That's boooooring" I frowned.

"Hey! Don't complain... We'll first see how it goes... We need people's support first!" he scolded. He did have a point. So I just nodded in agreement.

"But we'll have a small photoshoot to promote our album!" he said, clapping.

"Oh, one more text from him. He says Yeosang has organized a lot of things on his own....and.... OHHHH MY GOD, HE EVEN MADE ARRANGEMENTS TO GET OUR ALBUM ADVERTISED ONLINE!!!?" Hongjoong screamed, looking at his phone.

"When did he do all this!!?" I joined in Hongjoong's 'freak out session' followed by both of us running to Yeosang's room.

▪️

"THE ALBUM'S BEEN RELEASED!!", Yunho finished my thoughts loudly.

The door burst open with a loud bang, followed by an even louder person. "THE ALBUM IS OUT." Wooyoung yelled at us.

"I KNOOOOW"

"AAAAHHHH"

"HAHAHAAAAAA"

The three of us started racing to the living room, full of excitement. Everyone was was already eating snacks, the whole room filled with smiling faces, and light, excited conversations.

I spotted Yeosang, sitting beside Joong on the couch with an illuminated laptop,both of them, perfectly focused.

I went over to see what were they staring at.

"What's this?"

"Checking the public response" Hongjoong replied without looking up.

As soon as he said that, my heart started throbbing. A feeling of fear and excitement was building up within me.

Feeling a little brave, I sat beside Yeosang, fixing my gaze on the comments.

We had recorded a small video message and posted it on YouTube. Yeosang started scrolling through the comments.

"Awww, they look so cute!"

"I like that guy who starts with the introductions."

"OMG, they all look soooo good!"

"I've already started to like themmm...looks like I found a new group to stan haha"

"PLEASE TELL ME WHERE CAN I FIND THE PERSON WHO GOES LAST."

"OOF Hoooot"

"Guys! I'm a YouTuber and I make unboxing videos. I just got this album and trust me, it's soooo good! Check it out here"

"The guy at 3:14... Please, i need know more about him"

I continued reading a few more comments, the pain in my chest finally vanishing after reading all positive comments. Hongjoong and Yeosang were finally smiling and they looked relieved too.

Hongjoong silenced the members to make an announcement. "Guys, guys! We just checked the comments and and mostly all of them are positive! Yeosang also checked the album sales and including the pre-ordered, we have almost 300 of our copies sold!"

As soon as he said that, everyone started cheering and dancing in excitement. Even though it was a small start, it was our first album. And the response was pretty good too, so far.

Hongjoong's phone rang, and he cleared his throat before he cheerfully answered the call, "Hello?"

After just a few seconds, Hongjoong's eyebrows furrowed. I and Yeosang glanced at each other with bewildered looks. What must have happened? Looking at us, the others fell silent too.

All of those fears melted away as soon as Hongjoong asked, "KQ Entertainment?"

My jaw dropped, still trying to figure out why would KQ contact us. We all gathered around Joong, who was constantly nodding and listening carefully to the person on the other line. I strained my ear to listen what were they talking about but couldn't hear anything.

Hongjoong finally did one last nod, "Thank you so much for contacting us, I'll let you know." saying that, he ended the call.

We all looked at him, waiting for him to speak. He took a deep breath, as if he was calming himself.

"Well?" Yeosang asked.

"It was a call from KQ Entertainment. YES-They themselves contacted us. They saw our video and listened to our album and want to sign a contract with us - ATEEZ. What do you guys think?" he smiled.

ATEEZ? Contacted by KQ? To sign a contract with them? Is this a dream?

"Okay, Okay. Voting! Who does not want to sign a contract with KQ, hands up in... 1,2,3" Yeosang said.

Not a single hand was up. Everyone was already overwhelmed and probably weren't in a position to even express their emotions.

I looked at Hongjoong. He nodded. "Alright, let me get back to them then!" saying that, he went to his room.

We all, totally overjoyed and happy, started screaming and dancing. Too many good things happened today... All at once!

I grabbed my phone and typed 'Ateez'.  Not many searches popped up. But one article caught my eye.

"New Boy Band 'Ateez' to sign under KQ Entertainment."

I showed the article to Yeosang. "It's happening." I said excitedly. "Our dreams! They're coming to reality!"

"I know!" he replied with the sweetest smile on his face.