Chapter V - The Actress

"Minatozaki Sana, your brother is here to speak with you."

A police guard escorted Y/N into the cream-colored brick room. A large rectangular picnic-style table sat in the center with a beautiful, blonde, Asian woman in an orange jumpsuit sitting on the opposite side. She stood up and thrust herself onto Y/N, enveloping him in a big hug.

"Brother, huh?" she asked with a giggle.

Y/N chuckled.

"Hello again, Kim Y/N," whispered Sana lightly pecking his cheek. "It's been a while. Don't you love it when people can't tell Asians apart, right?"

"Hey, you." Y/N smiled, struggling to hold back tears. It was futile. Some leaked out, slightly darkening the orange on Sana's outfit. He took a deep sniff, taking in as much of his tears and her scent as he could.

Sans pulled away and looked at Y/N.

"Aww, Y/N cries now? This is new." Sana chortled in her own adorable, light-heartening way.

His face grasped between her hands, she pulled away from Y/N and looked into his eyes.

"My god, you are so big now," Sana said in a squeaky, babyish voice. "Have you been doing well?"

Y/N chuckled. "I should be asking you that."

They both moved to the table and sat facing one another.

"How're you holding up?" asked Y/N.

"I'm doing alright. They don't let me wear dresses anymore though."

A peal of light laughter filled the space between them. He placed his hand on top of hers.

"I missed you."

"Me too." Sana smiled as she tossed her beautiful, blonde hair back. "I assume you're probably not here for friendly verbal exchanges, are you?"

She patted Y/N's hand as he took a big sniffle before recollecting his nerves.

"I have this job. A big one."

"Really?" she asked. "You need my help?"

Her puppy-like eyes peered deeply into his eyes with interest and care.

"Sometimes an outsider's perspective is needed."

"Like a good friend to let you know when you're about to do something stupid."

"Yeah," chuckled Y/N. "I'm currently recruiting. I have almost everyone I need except for an actress."

"And you came to me because I was your actress?"

Y/N nodded. Sana leaned back and exhaled loudly.

"I might know someone."

Y/N continued to look at her expectantly.

"I have... well, had a student: my protege, Kim Dahyun. After my first big film, I began teaching her how to grift for jobs. We ran the 'Lovely' retrieval with a crew called Twice sometime before I met you. That was the only out-of-the-law experience she had. I think she can learn a lot from you."

"Twice, huh? Never heard of them."

"Well, you know what they say. No reputation is the best reputation."

Y/N sighed.

"If only you weren't stuck in here, we could run this job together, for old times sake."

Sana lifted Y/N by the chin.

"'If you want a happy ending, that depends on where you stop your story'."