Chapter VIII - Rules

(a/n: Hey y'all, in honor of Sana's birthday, I will be releasing this super-brief chapter. Thank you, everyone, for reading and enjoying this story. I just saw that it went up to 900 reads now. 900 READS!! I'm so shocked by this frankly and I'm so happy for all the support. Please continue to vote, comment, and share with your friends. Thank you. Without further ado, chapter 8...)

Y/N unrolled a large blueprint onto the large dining table as the crew gathered around.

"These are the schematics of the YGM Corporations," began Y/N. "28 floors, lobby, and rooftops are the only entrances and exits."

Y/N unrolled another scroll onto the table.

"The 3rd floor. His office and our target: the main vault. But first, some ground rules."

Y/N raised his head, as did everyone else.

"Jeongyeon and I established five rules for every job because we believed them to help the job run in the most efficient manner. Is that clear?"

Nods of agreement went around the table.

"Rule #1: The job comes first before all else. So have faith in the plan and follow it. If you go off and start trying to run your own thing, you screw the rest of us." Nods continued to make their way around the table.

"Question."

Eyes turned to the outstretched hand of Dahyun.

"What if it is in the best interest to go on a tangent? Y'know like seeing a good opportunity to do something. What then...?"

Y/N raised his finger.

"I will talk about that in a sec." Y/N cleared his throat. "Rule #2: Have faith in the team. Focus on your role and everyone else will pull through. We are all professionals, each with our own specialties."

"Not exactly a professional..." murmured Dahyun.

Jennie rolled her eyes, heavy with sarcasm. "What a morale booster."

"Dahyun, you are the most inexperienced out of all of us so we expect you to back our plays if called for. I promised Sana to watch out for you so please listen to me when I ask you to do something."

Dahyun pursed her lips and nodded silently.

"Rule #3 refers to your question earlier, Dahyun. In the case that you deviate from our plan, keep the behind-the-scenes person in the loop. In most cases, that will be most likely be me."

"But what if you are stuck in a position where you are unable to communicate with the behind-the-scenes person?" asked Dahyun.

Y/N exhaled.

"Trust your instincts. Usually, it's right. For right now, it is not that important."

The rest of the team murmured in agreement.

"Continuing now, rule #4: No killing and Jennie, I'm specifically talking about you," said Y/N, turning to look Jennie in the face.

She blew a stray hair out of her face.

"If everything goes south and we get caught, I don't want to have any additional death charges on our sentences. Capiche?"

Deadpan, Jennie mockingly saluted him followed by a prompt raspberry.

"Building off that, no guns. Don't like them. Too messy and too violent. But that shouldn't be a problem considering they don't really fall into any of your skill sets except perhaps Jennie."

Jennie rolled her eyes and leaned further back into her seat.

"Rule #5 is no relationships, with the exception of Rosé and V because I didn't expect a couple showing up."

Dahyun's hand raised again.

"What, Dahyun?"

She lowered her hand. "Why?"

"Emotion distorts judgment and decision-making abilities. If you are too concerned about the well-being of another person, you will eventually slip up and make a mistake that will impact everyone else on the team."

Dahyun's hand shot up once more. Y/N rubbed his brow.

"Please no more questions."

"But I have another one..."

"New rule. Rule #6: no more questions."

"But it's important..."

"Follow our lead and trust your gut. Ok?"

With a large grimace on her face, Dahyun's hand slowly sank back to the table. Y/N turned back to the floor plan of the fourth floor.

"Alright. First things first, we need a method of entry. The lobby is heavily guarded therefore I'm currently looking to use the rooftops as our entry and exit point."

"May I ask a question?" asked V.

"Proceed."

"What about backup routes?"

"That's for you to keep in the back of your head and primarily for me to worry about."

"What a load of bull," grumbled V. "You expect us to go into a heavily-guarded area with no backup plans?"

"Who said I didn't have any backup plans?" Y/N's smirk curved to the side. "Rule #2, have faith. I will make sure you all get in and out one way or another."

"For the most part, our Plan A is we get in through the top, grab what we're looking for, and we get out the way we came in." Y/N stood up and straightened his back. "Any questions?"

"Yeah," answered V. "What exactly is in that vault?"

Y/N looked at him. "Worth your while. Nothing to worry about."

Jennie rolled her eyes again and turned her gaze back to the schematic.

"Alright," said Y/N with a little skip. "We'll case the joint first thing in the morning."