Chapter XIII - Within Our Grasp

Dahyun was a talker, not a listener. Listening to Jimin talk about something of little interest to her was something she was not mentally prepared for. Furthermore, the anxiety of the heist was starting to eat away at her confidence.

"Hey, babe." She placed her hand on Jimin's shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze. "I'm going to go use the restroom. I'll be back in a second."

She stepped away, rubbing her temples with two fingers. As she bobbed and weaved through the horde of businesspeople, she exited the ballroom and silently slipped into the ladies' room.

She washed her hands with cold water and splashed some on her face. She exhaled, gazing back at her pale face.

"Why is this so hard?"

She continued to look at herself and tucked a stray lock behind her ear, exhaling once more. Behind her, a toilet flushed. Out came Yoongi's assistant, Suhyun, head down, absorbed by her phone. She wore an evergreen-sequined dress that wrapped snugly above her knees. She looked up and stumbled back a couple of paces, surprised by Dahyun's presence in front of her.

"Ah, I'm sorry," she said with a slight chuckle. "I didn't expect anyone else in here."

Dahyun gave her a soft smile and stepped to the side. "That's alright. I was just leaving."

She shook off the water from her hands and made her way to the door as Suhyun began to wash her hands.

"Sorry," began Suhyun. Dahyun turned around. "Have I seen you somewhere before? You look very familiar."

Dahyun just smiled and shrugged. "I just have one of those faces."

Dahyun slid back into the ballroom and scurried around the back to help herself to another glass of champagne. Spying Jimin at the opposite end of the room, she scampered over to an open tray of champagne glasses and plucked one off. She took a light sip, allowing the carbonated liquid sizzle down her throat.

"Ms. Yoojin." To her surprise, it was Yoongi. "I apologize if I came off as rude earlier but being a CEO is not all fun and games."

Dahyun respectfully bowed. "Mr. Min, I—"

"Please," interrupted Yoongi. "Call me Yoongi."

Dahyun smiled. "Well Yoongi, I heard a lot of things from Jimin but I wanted to hear some from you personally. I have a good idea of YGM already but perhaps you can tell me more about the board?"

Yoongi nodded. "Yes. Well, on our website, you can find our entire board there but if we were to look behind the scenes, one could say it mainly revolves around seven individuals, myself included."

He pointed across the room to a group of men wearing suits.

"Aside from your boyfriend off chatting with guests, those five would be the remainder of the seven. The tall one over there is Kim Namjoon, my personal advisor. Very talented and intelligent individual. Standing to his right is Jeon Jungkook. He's the youngest one of our crowd and in charge of HR. Anything goes shit, he cleans it up and he does it very well. "

One of the men from the group dispatched from the group, veering towards the green-laced Suhyun. He grabbed her wrist and pushed them pressed against the wall.

"That would be our Mr. Worldwide Handsome, Kim Seokjin, Head of Marketing, and loves to tease the hell out of Ms. Lee, my secretary. But to be honest..." His voice dropped to a whisper. "We know they're dating and they just enjoy being very dramatic about it. Ms. Lee isn't as big on PDAs as Seokjin is."

Dahyun watched as Suhyun pushed Seokjin off her with a frustrated look on her beetroot cheeks. There were chuckles all around as Suhyun left with a huff with Seokjin trailing closely behind, probably trying to justify his actions. He reminded Dahyun of an injured puppy, whimpering and running off with his tail between his legs. As if that wasn't enough drama, a beautiful woman outfitted in a beautiful ocean-blue dress stormed over and aggressively spun around one of the board members whose back faced Dahyun. A slight gasp left her face as she did her best not to give away any recognition of the man.