Chapter IX - Recon

(a/n: Happy New Year y'all. The first chapter of the new year! We are a chapter or two away from the actual heist so I'm super excited and I've been bulldozing through it as fast as I can. I hope you are enjoying the stage-setting cause everything circles back and around (at least I try to). One more week til I have to return to college. So I hope I can get through the heist and the book cause I have so many other story ideas that I want to write. I'll probably start a book soon with ideas that I want to begin after finishing this book. The plan is each idea/concept will be posted as a chapter and I'll put some thoughts and ideas into there, maybe a synopsis. I pray that no one copies my ideas or at least credits me for inspiring their idea. Alright, enough rambling. Enjoy this chapter and continue to support this story. Thank you, everyone, who reads this!
Edit: I changed my mind. I'll be keeping these ideas to myself. 🙃 Hopefully, they'll see the light of day.)

"Is it true that you pulled off the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Heist in 1990?"

Dahyun sat in a square outside YGM Corps on a metal mesh chair with Rosé, sipping on a cup of coffee. Tinted sunglasses sat on her face, emphasizing the overwhelming paleness of her skin.

"The work of our predecessors, but a successful job nonetheless," answered Rosé. Her voice echoed twice in Dahyun's head: once in real-time, twice through her earpiece feed. The dimming light from the oncoming sunset glinted off Dahyun's glasses.

"And the faked death from jumping off the bridge at Neuschwanstein Castle?" asked Dahyun.

"Ah, that was me," piped up V from the mic. "Coroners are so easy to bribe these days."

V knelt on the roof of a high riser opposite to the YGM skyscraper with Jennie, who stared unenthusiastically down at the bustling crowds. Binoculars raised, V looked down at the two women in the square.

"Say hi, sweetie."

Without turning around, Rosé responded, raising two fingers in a V shape.

"Focus, please," asked Y/N. "We're trying to run reconnaissance here."

Stationed a couple of blocks from the corporations, Y/N stood hunched over a seated Jeongyeon in her tight van, monitoring multiple security feeds from her laptop screen.

"Jeongyeon, any chatter on their frequencies?"

"Nothing so far," responded Jeongyeon. "But I do have Yoongi's assistant walking out right now..."

"Good, keep an eye on the feed," instructed Y/N as he leaned back against the side of the car. "Rosé, I'd like you to run point on the assistant. Lift anything you might find important. Dahyun, go with her but only to back her play. "

As Rosé stood up, Dahyun's face dropped into a pouty frown.

"Why does she get to do it?" whined Dahyun.

"She has experience. Let the professionals do their work."

With Dahyun steadily shuffling behind, Rosé walked up to the assistant, who was looking down busily at her phone and took a tourist map from her pocket.

"Excuse me, Ms..." Rosé quickly glanced down at the assistant's metallic name tag above her chest pocket. "...Suhyun."

The assistant looked up and stared at her, her eyes darting between her phone and Rosé.

"I'm really sorry. I'm in a bit of a rush," she said as she tried to push past Rosé.

"Oh, this shouldn't take long." Rosé opened and raised the map in front of Suhyun.