Chapter 38

On the night of her birthday, Virago dreamt of her sons. All were kids again, running around playing tag with Lucifer who was It. She had her powers too, which made the game more fun for her children. Using Earth Magick, she made a playground with vines.

In the middle of creating swings for the kids, she woke up to the sound of Lucifer's whispers.

"Hm? What's wrong?" she yawned, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

Lucifer apologized for waking her up. "I want to show you something."

"But I don't want to leave the kids alone," she said, raising herself on her elbow.

Lucifer brushed her hair behind her back. "It'll be alright. The Hellhounds will guard them while they sleep."

Virago trusted Lucifer with her entire being. She took his hand and he helped her out of bed. They walked out of their house to find Fluffy and his siblings. He ran up to Virago, huffing for a head rub.

She scratched the back of his ear and yawned again, turning to face Lucifer.

"What was it you wanted to show me?"

He picked her up bridal style as his wings appeared. A gasp escaped her lips. Lucifer kissed her cheek.

"You'll be alright," he whispered in her ear.

Lucifer carried her many times before in the sky, but doing that at night was a first for her. He jumped in the air, looking at Virago and laughed at the amazement in her eyes.

"This is so fun!" she cried.

They flew for a few minutes, over the trees, passed the lake, and over her former tribe until they reached the ocean. The fun didn't last long for Virago.

"Lu-Lucifer! Where are we going?!"

He grinned. "You'll see!"

Virago forced back a scream as they flew and held Lucifer tighter. The sight of the ocean under the night sky sent her heart on a rampage. She hid her face in the crook of Lucifer's neck.

The air decreasing and Lucifer landing finally made her heart rate slow down. She looked up from his neck. He landed on a large beach by a dark forest. The full moon above gave the ocean a beautiful night glow. Virago's fear finally disintegrated away.

Lucifer let her go gently and Virago gasped. She never felt smooth and soft sand before, it felt strange but she liked it. She walked around a bit, taking baby steps, making sure Lucifer was just an arm's length away.

"I didn't know there was another island nearby," she whispered.

"While I was out exploring tonight, I found this island. You want to know what else?"

"What?"

"There's no one here but us."

Virago grinned at him, the entire time she was whispering but she raised her voice. "You're kidding!"

"Nope." He shook his head. "I was thinking maybe we should move here. We don't have to worry about anyone bothering our family anymore."

Virago started jumping with excitement, running around the beach. "This is amazing! We could build a house in the woods and by the beach and..." She gasped at the beach. "The kids can learn how to swim!"

She ran back to Lucifer and jumped, giving him a big hug with her legs wrapped around his waist. "Thank you! You're the best! I love you so much!"