Chapter 36

Lucifer braided her hair and kissed the back of her neck. Suddenly, he went rigid. The sound of a painful scream coming from miles away ringed his eardrums.

He stood up and Virago followed suit. "Lucifer, what's wrong?"

"It's Wrath."

Just then, Pride came running from out of the woods, carrying a bloody and unconscious Wrath.

"He's been hurt!!"

Virago almost fainted. Blood gushed from Wrath's body, spilling on the grass. She helped Pride lay him on the floor.

"What happened?" she cried.

"Who did this to him?!" Lucifer shouted.

"He's been slashed by a large animal!"

Four slashes started from Wrath's chest and down his torso on his side. His breathing decreased while his body turned pale. Virago pointed at her youngest kids, shouting at them to get inside their house. She quickly spewed orders at Pride to get her the cream she used for Lucifer's wounds, some alcohol, a needle, and a thread.

Pride ran into the house followed by the rest of her kids. Lucifer was trying his best to close up the wounds a bit with Lyght. However, the slashes were too deep. Deep enough to see parts of Wrath's ribcage.

"I'm going to kill the thing that did this," Lucifer growled through gritted teeth.

Pride came running back with the supplies. Virago quickly poured alcohol on Wrath's wounds. He snapped out of his unconscious state and screamed from the pain, eyes glowing red and chest rising.

"It's okay!" Virago cried. "It's going to be okay!"

Wrath was seething. Virago started covering the wounds with her medicine. The bleeding stopped enough, thanks to Lucifer's powers, which made Wrath calm down. His eyes slowly turned back to blue.

He gripped Virago's arm. "I'm sorry, I tried to save it but it got angry and I -"

"It's okay, all that matters is that you're safe now."

His mother's tears made him feel worse than he was feeling before.

"Mother, I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to apologize for, I'm just...I thought I was going to lose you."

Virago told Pride to help his brother up and they walked to the lake. They arrived and Virago poured alcohol on the needle and her hands. She quickly sat by Wrath's side while Pride handed her a cloth. She wiped off the medicine and it stopped the bleeding just a bit but she was still able to give him stitches.

She held the needle by his skin. "Wrath this is...it's going to-"

"It's okay, I can handle it."

Virago punctured his skin, getting right to work and Wrath didn't wince. Lucifer took a worried Pride away so Virago could do her work alone.

"This is going to leave a nasty scar, the wounds are too deep. That damn Lyght only works on less critical conditions."

"I don't care," Wrath huffed.

"Wrath, if you ever die, if any of you ever die, I don't think I could continue living anymore. You have to be more careful."

"None of us will die, Mother, we'll be fine."

"Thank goodness you're Lucifer's son," she said. "A full-fledged Human wouldn't have survived this."

They fell silent until Virago finally was midway on the third slash. Wrath was deep in thought, his eyes on the clear blue sky. While hunting, him and Pride found a Human torturing a jaguar. All he wanted was to save the poor animal, but it thought Wrath wanted to hurt him as well.

"Mother," Wrath broke the silence. "May I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"If you've never met Father, would you be with someone else?"

Virago thought about it for a bit. She never imagined what life would've been like without Lucifer.

"If I've never met him, I'd still be alone now. Cali was my only friend and some Spirits but when your father fell from Heaven that all changed."

"He said he hates Humans so..so why..."

"Why is he with me?" Virago finished for him.

Wrath nodded.

"Love is a strange thing, isn't it?" Virago laughed. "It brought the Devil and a Human together and they both made seven beautiful children. We're together because we just fell in love, Wrath. Also because we're so alike despite the fact that I'm Human."

"Is it bad that I hate Humans as well? I don't hate you. I just...you know..."

"It's not bad," Virago said, shaking her head, almost finishing his stitches. "But you never know, maybe one day you'll end up like your father and fall in love with a Human girl."

Wrath sighed, staring up at the sky. "I don't think I'm capable of love."

"Well, I love you and I'm pretty sure you love your brothers, me, and your father. You're capable of many things, Wrath."

Her words warmed his chest. "Thank you, Mother. You're right, I do love you."

Virago smiled. "And I love you, too, son."

NOTE

My baby got hurt :'(

Thank you for reading, guys! :D

- Sin