Chapter 20

Lucifer flew Virago back to their cottage. The boys rode on their Hellhounds, following Lucifer until they made it back home. She was crying in pain, clutching onto Lucifer for dear life. Her thigh was on fire. The arrow must've been soaked in some kind of substance that made her wound burn.

The boys were worried as Lucifer ordered them to stay outside. He slammed himself and Virago inside the cottage. In blinding speed, he entered their bedroom.

He laid his wife in their bed. "Virago, I'm going to pull it out, alright?"

"Yes!" she cried. "Get a towel and just rip it out!"

He looked at the arrow as the fear made his forehead sweat. "But what if it punctured a major artery?!"

"A major what?! Lucifer, please, just...just take it out! It hurts!"

Lucifer, with his speed, quickly took out the arrow. Virago screamed in immense pain. Rivulets of blood spurted out of her wound, staining the bedsheets. Right away, Lucifer used his Angel Lyght above the wound. It started to heal, slowly but surely.

The boys sat on the stairs at the front porch. They just heard their mother's screams of agony. Their Hellhounds paced in front of the door, also distraught to hear Virago so hurt.

Pride winced. "Sounds like he took the arrow out."

Wrath stood up and angrily kicked a rock. "I wish I could've ripped their heads off! I wish I could've done what Father did! This is my fault!"

"Idiot, don't say that."

"But–"

"It's both of our faults, Wrath!" Pride shouted. "We got distracted and ran too far away while playing!"

Wrath glared at his brother, his bottom lip wavering. They felt so crushed, so weak. Pride thought he failed Virago. Wrath wanted to cry but he was too angry with himself and Pride. They blamed themselves for what happened.

Finally, Lucifer opened the door. His eyes were slits and the Sins both gulped. Wrath hid behind Pride.

"You can see her now," Lucifer grunted.

They both ran into the room. Virago was lying weakly in bed. She still raised her arms and cried.

"My babies!"

Pride and Wrath grinned, jumping in bed and hugged their mother.

"Hey!" Lucifer growled, slamming the door behind him. "Be careful!"

They notice the wound was gone, but the blood was still on the bed. Virago was okay. The Lyght healed the wound completely, but she could still feel some lingering pain.

Pride clutched Virago's arm tighter. "We're sorry!"

"Sorry, Mother!" Wrath whimpered.

Virago squeezed them in a hug. "We forgive you, boys. I'm sorry you two had to go through that."

Lucifer sat at the end of the bed. "Why the fuck did you two go so far?!"

Wrath gulped. When their father curses, that's how he knows Lucifer was mad at them.

Pride spoke up first. "Me and Wrath were playing a game which he had to chase me for. I ran too far and he followed behind, that's when we..."

Virago patted Pride's back. "Lucifer, don't speak to them like that. It's my fault for not telling them about my past and who's out there."

"What happened?" Pride inquired.

"That was my former family, boys," Virago sighed. "And I did something they didn't like."

"Why do they hate you?" Wrath asked. "And why do they hate us?"

Virago told them what happened. Everything from the day her friend was murdered. She also mentioned that they have never seen children with white skin.

Virago wiped the tears away from Wrath's face. "You two can't go over there. If they see you again they'll be afraid now that they know what you two are."

They both snuggled closer to her, both promising to never leave their part of the land again.

"Even if you both do something stupid like that again," Lucifer sighed. "Just scream for me and I'm there in a second, alright?"

They both nodded.

"And once you both are old enough I have to teach you how to fight," Lucifer continued. "You're powers and wings won't kick in until you're thirteen. So don't be surprised when I ask you to give me your best punch."

Pride nodded. "Okay, Father."

"I'll start practicing right now." Wrath grinned, determination lining his body and taking over his mind.

"You know I'm gonna beat you anyway," Pride said, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up! I bet I could take Father down first!"

Lucifer smirked and stood up. He patted his stomach. "Let's see if you can now, punch me right here."

Wrath peeled himself off of Virago and clutched his hand into a fist. He pulled back his arm and gave his father his best punch. Pain surged up Wrath's arm. He winced, shaking his hand.

"Ow!" Wrath growled. "Let me try again!"

Pride punched Lucifer and he copied his brother's actions. "That's not fair!"

Lucifer placed his hands on his hips and laughed. His sons continued to try to punch him, but to no avail. Virago smiled at her boys bonding with their father. She pulled them back down to her, squeezing them both in another hug.

"I love you both so much!"

NOTE

Vira is a-okay :D

Thank you for reading!

- Sin