Chapter 28

The last Sin caused Virago's jealousy to skyrocket. She couldn't stand Lucifer when he spoke to Calinaigh. Every time she found them speaking to each other, she angrily cried in her room for the rest of the day. Her kids figured she was going through another mood swing. They told Lucifer who found her sitting on their bed with her arms across her chest.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked, closing the door behind him.

"Nothing," she snapped, not turning to face him.

Lucifer stood in front of her. She got up and sat in the middle of the bed, back facing him again.

"There's been a gray cloud above you for the whole day, Virago," he said, sitting behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist,

Virago tried to force his arm off her. "Why don't you just go talk to Cali, huh? She's obviously more beautiful than me, taller than me, and with better skin and hair."

Lucifer was used to her mood swings by now. After all these years and now she was jealous of Calinaigh? He knew right away what was up with her.

"Are you pregnant?"

"Yes," she huffed, glaring at him with eyes full of envy and tears. "What does that have to do with anything?"

Lucifer smiled. He cupped her cheek. "Virago, you're my wife, you're my Soulmate. You're the only beautiful woman in my eyes, your skin is beautiful and your hair is beautiful. I love that you're short because it makes you so cute. No one could ever be better than you, my love, you're all I want."

Virago sniffled, smiling at him for the first time that day. "Really?"

Lucifer kissed her forehead. "Really."

But her jealousy for Calinaigh didn't end there. She couldn't help it. When Calinaigh played with the kids, Virago thought they preferred her and not their own mother. Calinaigh knew the stress she was going through could harm the baby, so she left and decided to come back for the due date.

Even when Calinaigh left, Virago grew jealous of her husband.

"I wish I had wings like you, Lucifer."

Lucifer cursed under his breath. "Just a few more months and you won't feel jealous of me anymore."

Virago raised an eyebrow, her attitude on full blast. "Who said I was jealous?"

Finally, Envy was born. Virago's jealousy against Lucifer and Calinaigh was all gone, she was back to her normal self once again. Envy was the smallest baby, born a week earlier than his due date. As the youngest of seven, he was jealous of his older brothers at an early age. Virago also noticed Envy, at the age of two, got sad whenever she played with Sloth.

She sat next to him as he sulked on the grass. "What's wrong, baby?"

"Why I last?" he asked, picking the grass and looking up at her with his big round blue eyes.

Virago internally lost it at how adorable he was, but still full of concern from the way he pouted. "Why you were born last?"

He nodded. Lucifer heard their conversation from teaching Pride and Wrath hand to hand combat. He appeared next to Envy in a second. Lucifer picked up his youngest son, carrying him on his shoulders.

Envy giggled and raised his arms. "Yay! I fly!"

Lucifer helped Virago up as he spoke to Envy. "You were just born last, Envy, we couldn't control when you were born."