Chapter 31

Sloth: *on the phone* Ah I would, I just got too much to do tonight.

*that night*

Sloth: *drinking soda in his bed while playing on his portable piano*

VIRAGO

I walked down the hall, shining my flashlight on every portrait. In each one, Lucifer and his sons seem so empty.

But I reached one where they were actually smiling. Gasping, my cup slipped from my hands.

In the middle of the painting sat a woman who looked exactly like me.

This was really, really hard to grasp, Lucifer's wife looked exactly like me! Guulping,I continued walking to look at the rest of the portraits, watching time go back as the boys turned younger until I finally reached the very first painting.

She was holding a newborn baby which I assumed was Patrizio. I almost fell to my knees at how she and I resemble each other even more. Taking a few steps back, I supported myself on the wall, looking at the portraits one by one again. The last one she was in there wasn't much of a difference in her looks. Is that how I'm gonna look like when I'm older? Am I barely going to age like her? And also, what was everyone wearing? She had on what I assume was a traditional Native dress. The guys also wore Native clothing with a modern twist to it.

After this photo, she didn't appear in any of the rest and that's when the cold, empty expressions started. That's gotta be when she died. I sat in front of the very first photo. Her hair was really long and straight. When I straighten my hair that's how it looks, too.

This felt so surreal.

The lights turned on and Lucifer, in nothing but pants, was at the end of the hall. He looked at the broken glass and let out a sigh of relief.

I pointed a shaking finger at the portrait. "I'm her exact copy."

"Yeah." He slid his hands in his pajama pants. "You are."

"This entire time I thought maybe I just look like I could be her sister," I said, shaking my head in disbelief as he sat next to me. "But now I feel like I'm her reincarnation or her doppelganger."

"You could say that."

We sat in silence for a bit. I scooted closer to him. "Is she holding Patrizio?"

He nodded, eyes on the detailed portrait of his wife, deep in thought.

"How did she...?" My voice trailed off.

"Die?"

I frowned, regretting my question already. "Yeah."

He swallowed hard, cagey to give away the personal information. He spoke anyway. "We had a forbidden love so...so my brother who followed my family rules killed her."

I covered my mouth, already feeling my tears starting to form.

"I don't know why he waited that long after we had seven kids," he continued. "When he found my family, he pretended to be me to lure her away from home. I was too late, he killed her in front of me and my children."

"Oh, my God," I sobbed. "Why would he...that's not fair!"

Lucifer held my hand in his. "My father's rules were never fair. However, Michael followed them like his life depended on it, which it did."

He rubbed the back of my hand and I calmed down a bit, wiping my tears away. "Please tell me your brother is locked up."

"Well, I haven't seen him ever since so hopefully he is."

I didn't expect her death to be so brutal. I stood on my knees behind Lucifer and hugged him from the back. I wish I could take all his pain away. The fact that he and his sons had to watch her die was so messed up. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Imagining my mom being killed in front of me churned my stomach.

Lucifer got up on his feet and took my hands in his, helping me up from the floor. "Come to bed with me."

"I...hold up wait." We were just talking about his dead wife though. "I don't think this is–"

He squeezed my hands. "I'm not trying to have sex with you, just come sleep with me...just for tonight."

My mind just had to go straight to the gutter. I legitimately thought he wanted to do that. I'm such a horrible person.

I look at the broken glass. "But what about the–"

"It'll be taken care of."

I pursed my lips in thought. His eyes were begging me to say yes. It's just for one night, what could possibly go wrong?

I took a step closer to him. "Okay."

NOTE

hehehe they gonna sleep together 0u0

Thank you for reading! :D

- Sin