Chapter 26

Another baby, less powers.

First month Virago was pregnant with her sixth child, she became lazier and lazier and lazier. To say she was just sleepy all the time was an understatement. Lucifer found her falling asleep in the kitchen, during dinner, on the porch, and even when she meditated. So lazy and tired that Lucifer took it upon himself to make the daily meals for everyone. He usually helped Virago cook, but now that she was too lazy to get out of bed most of the time, he was on his own.

Virago fell asleep when she cradled Greed or Gluttony. She fell asleep when they were outside having a picnic, and she also got too lazy to practice her Magick. Lucifer told her to keep practicing even if her powers were almost gone.

"I'll do it later," she'd reply. "I have all the time in the world after all. Let me just sit down for a bit first."

But when it was later, she'd tell Lucifer she'll practice the next day. She grew too lazy to do just about anything, but the guys didn't mind because they knew it was the symptoms of the pregnancy.

"I wanna do it," Virago told Pride as he helped Wrath cook. "But I'm just too tired."

"It's alright, Mother," Pride reassured her.

"Yeah," Wrath agreed. "Father taught us how to cook so we're okay."

What made Virago worry the most though, was that Sloth never kicked. Every day she and Lucifer rubbed her swollen belly, speaking to Sloth. One night she began to cry and Lucifer woke up to her rubbing her belly.

Lucifer sat up, placing his hand on her belly. He kissed her tears away and leaned down to speak to her belly.

"Sloth," he whispered. "Are you sleeping in there? Wake up, you're making your mama sad."

"What if..." Virago sobbed. "What if he's...dead?"

Lucifer didn't know what to say. She just turned eight months pregnant. If Sloth doesn't make it, he knows Virago will be excruciatingly devastated. He looked into her depressed eyes and brought her in for a hug. Virago cried against his shoulder but she quickly took a few deep breaths. She still had hope that Sloth was okay, the more she gets stressed about it, the more it'll affect Sloth.

When Sloth was finally born, he came out sleeping. Calinaigh had to smack his bottom to make sure he was okay, everyone felt relieved when he started to cry. He fell asleep after he first met and admired Virago's eyes.

Sloth was a real sleepy baby. He fell asleep when Virago breastfed him and he used his diaper while he was asleep. Sometimes Virago had to change him while he was asleep. He was the first baby that never cried at night. Virago and Lucifer finally had the energy to make love again and not once did they wake up to crying.

When Sloth had to eat the food Virago made for him, he fell asleep while chewing. When Virago laid on the grass while they had a picnic, Sloth used to walk up to her as a toddler and lay on her for nap time.

Sloth never talked much. He was the quietest out of all his brothers but when it came down to business, he talked a lot more. Even though he had a great relationship with his brothers and Lucifer, he was always too lazy to do anything they told him to do. However, when Virago wanted him to do something he'd do it in no time. He did all of his tasks a lot quicker than anyone else because he didn't want to disappoint Virago. He's also a really fast runner, faster than his brothers combined. He had immense speed but he was just too lazy to run.

Wrath and him used their powers to mess with their brothers – Wrath giving them illusions of their worst nightmares and Sloth giving them the same nightmare when they fell asleep. Virago had to scold them when she figured out what they were doing to Pride.

He also learned the power to make people have beautiful dreams. He learned to give people sleep apnea, insomnia, and narcolepsy. Sometimes when he wanted to get back at someone, he'd put them in a coma.

One night, him and Wrath pulled a prank on Pride. Pride woke up from what he thought was a horrible, sick nightmare of losing a fight against Wrath. In the midst of repeating his affirmations about being the best, he found him and Sloth outside his window, laughing in the bushes.

He jumped out of the window and chased them around their house. "Why are you running?! Come here and give your big brother a fucking hug, you assholes!"

"Sloth!" Wrath shouted. "He's making too much noise! Make him fall asleep!"

Sloth nodded. He stopped his running. Pride smirked as he ran up towards him.

"Ha! I win, you little sh–"

Sloth raised his hand and his eyes turned gold. "Sleep now, Pride."

Pride dropped to the grass, snoring soundly on the ground. Sloth and Wrath hi-fived. They both dragged him back to their house and threw him in his bed. Pride didn't even wake up from that.

"Do you think he's going to remember what happened?" Wrath whispered.

"No," Sloth yawned. "He's gonna think it was all a dream."

"Oh, really?"

They both flinched at her voice. Wrath was the first to turn. Virago was standing outside of Pride's bedroom. Her arms were crossed and her scowl was deeper than when she caught him dangling Gluttony's snack over his head.

"Oh, h-hello, Mother. You look lovely toni–"

"Don't even try it, Wrath," she snapped. "I saw everything! Tomorrow morning you both will apologize to Pride."

"But, Mother, it was just a pra–"

"I don't care what it was, Sloth!" she shouted in a whisper. "Both of you, bed, now!"

As they exited Pride's bedroom, Virago smacked the back of their heads. She watched them enter their bedrooms and finally, went back to hers. Lucifer was sitting naked on the bed, laughing at the scowl on her face. She rolled her eyes.

"They're so much like you," she sighed as she straddled his lap.

Lucifer smirked, his hands rubbing her bottom. "You're just mad because they interrupted our night."

She removed her nightwear and his dexterous hands trailed up her naked body until finally landing on her chest.

Virago moaned as he kneaded her breasts. "Of course I got mad, I can't let them wake up the others."

Lucifer sucked one of her nipples between his lips. "Mhm, whatever you say."

NOTE

Sloth is the type to cuddle you for hours.

Thank you for reading! :D

- Sin