Tori was exhausted. So little sleep last night. Then came her time with Noriyuki. All of that weighed heavily on her. Thankfully when the Hikiji left the next visitation planned was several months away, and it involved a minor lord whose needs would be less stressful than the Hikiji's were. All was in readiness. She had Mitsu put up her hair as best she could, but Tori could tell her efforts were lacking. If only there was time for her to see Ikumi. The gods were not that generous. So be it then. When Noriyuki took his place, he turned an eye to Tori, and that eye narrowed at her appearance. It was just as she feared. Her hair was very lopsided. Noriyuki didn't mind one or another, but it caused Tori no end of anxiety. In came the Geishu. But Tomoe was not with them. Noriyuki was of half a mind to ask where she could be, when the Hikiji appeared. Noriyuki held his breath. Yasuhira had achieved yet another layer of magnificence. His hair shone brightly, and was spread over his shoulders. His kimono was resplendent, embroidered with a motif of herons. No doubt worn to honour his host. The man had to be a fox. No human is so glorious or rich in character. As always, Horikawa was smitten. All were settled in. But where was Tomoe? Even Yasuhira looked about the dinning area and noticed the woman was no where to be seen.

He was about to ask his host where she could be, when main entrance opened one more time. Tomoe knelt in the threshold. Right away, Noriyuki noticed that there was something different about the woman, but couldn't quite place it.

"Please forgive my tardiness, great lords. I beg entry into your honoured company."

Noriyuki glanced at Yasu, who pursed his lips, "Of course, Lady Tomoe. Please enter and be welcomed."

When she stood up the entire congregation let out a sigh of disbelief. Tomoe had shed her usual samurai raiment and wore a vibrant kimono, and beautiful obi. The woman wasn't wearing her swords. As well, she had very little make up and her hair hung loose. It had always been her custom to compose her hair without finery, but it was usually braided and bundled up on the top of her head much like a samurai's knot. That night her hair had been combed straight and was lowered all the way, where it nearly touched the floor. Never in all the years in his service had Noriyuki seen Tomoe in such a fashion. She had worn traditional women's clothing a few times, but that night was different. Now she was embracing her gender entirely. And more shockingly, she had embraced the image of womanhood that Yasuhira admired the most. But if someone could read Yasuhira's thoughts they would know that she did more than embrace it, the woman embodied that image. As she sat down beside him, the man hadn't stopped looking at her the moment she walked into the room. He was making quite the spectacle of himself with his constant staring. Akako had to hold back the urge to laugh. Riku lowered her face to hide a smile. Only Hane showed a great disdain for what was transpiring. Finally, Yasuhira regained his composure, but then nearly dropped it again, as he had to cough several times to clear his throat and find the words.

"Well, my good Lord Noriyuki," He stammered some more, "On this our final night together, I suddenly feel compelled to ask a boon from you."

Noriyuki moved slightly, "Which is, Lord Yasuhira?"

He bowed deeply, "I would like it very much to take Lady Tomoe in marriage."

That sigh of disbelief returned. Noriyuki was wide-eyed and dumbstruck. But before he could speak, there came a sudden burst of jovial laughter. And it came from Tomoe. The young lord turned and noticed the woman's head had turned up to the heavens. She then faced her lord.

Bowing slightly, "Oh, Tono, don't pay our good lord Yasuhira any mind with this absurdity," She turned back and picked up Yasu's tea pot; Riku started at that, "This is just his usual whimsy," She poured for him, "Once again he speaks before he thinks," She looked into his eyes, "Is that not so, my lord?"