CHAPTER 44: Thumbnail

The stars are shining along with the city lights that I can barely see from afar. I embraced myself since the weather is cold tonight, I have nothing except a thick leather jacket, I wanted to escape the world, I wanted to hide from everything. No matter how good you stayed in your entire life if there's something that doesn't appeal to the public you'll still be judged

No matter how famous you are, no matter who you are if they will say something bad about you they will. I wanted to be numb and don't feel any pain but my heart and brain still dictates to think of those attacks. It might be a neutral decision to come to a public place like Han River but it somehow pulls me. Coming here reminds me of how we first met, coming here tonight might be the last. I just wanted to feel the vibes that this place has given me.

"Tss. Still do have guts to show her face in the public" a middle-aged woman stated while looking at me with judgment.

She has spoken it loudly that causes others to divert their attention to me. Earlier they did not recognize me but right now they did. I wanted to run but my feet seem to be glued to where I am standing right now. All I know is that they keep on talking about the issue that I'm on, all I know is that everyone's holding their phone and taking pictures of me.

I have nothing to do but to cry and just stared at the dark sky hoping someone will help me at this situation. I closed my eyes and felt that someone dragged me away from the crowd.

"Mina? You're safe now" a man's voice stated.

I opened my eyes wanting to know who it was. I don't know but instead of being grateful I wanted to just get out from this car and go by myself.

Bambam helped me to get away from the crowd and he's with the management officials.

"The only way to get away from this issue is to have a relationship with him" the old guy from the back stated, I can barely recognize him because of the dim light.

"No. I love Chaeyoung and she's the only one I will love even if the world's against us" I firmly stated.

"Can you just listen first Ms. Myoui?"

I didn't answered instead I just look down

"It's just for an act. We've discussed it with him and he agreed. We'll handle everything for you and make sure that they'll take back what they've said"

"I'll get out of this on my own" I plainly stated.

"Not that you'll take back your own words" he confidently said.

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

"Chaeng, what's with that look?" Jisoo asked.

"Nothing" I plainly answered.

No matter how I tried to be strong and unaffected I'm still worried with what's happening back in Korea. We haven't talk for a week now and I can't even contact Dahyun for some reasons, I don't know what exactly is happening and every time that I woke up in the morning I wanted to just go back to Korea. There's no night that I'm not crying thinking that Minguin might be suffering right now and I'm not even on her side.

I wanted to sue the person who has secretly taken pictures of us. I wanted to make that person suffer too.

"Chaeyoung, are you going back to hotel now?" Somi asked.

"Maybe? I don't know." I answered since I seriously don't know what I will do next. I wanted to distract myself but I also wanted to just go back since I intentionally left my phone back in the hotel.

"You need some rest now. Let's go back together" she firmly stated.

"Guys aren't you going to join us?!" Jisoo shouted from afar.

"For what?!" Somi loudly asked.

"Let's have some drinks later"

"We'll just decide later. I'll message you" Somi answered.

The hotel isn't that far from the stadium so we're just walking going there. I don't want to talk at the moment and I think Somi understands me since she just continued walking silently.

After a few minutes of walking we've reached the hotel and immediately went up to our room.

I quickly grabbed my phone from the table and checked if there's a message but I found nothing but Minguin's face on my wallpaper. I miss her so much but I can't do anything right now. I'm just stuck waiting for a message from her.

I opened my SNS account and checked if there's something interesting. I smiled seeing that Twice had they're interview yesterday and seeing from the thumbnail, Minguin is there. They might be so busy and I do understand if Minguin can't leave a message for me. I opened it to watch the content, it's just a cut video from their interview yesterday and Mina's holding a microphone, checking the mini sub they are doing a question and answer and Jihyo's reading the questions written in a sticky notes.

"Question for Minari" Jihyo started.

Minguin just simply nodded while smiling which I find it cute.

"Unnie, do you really have a relationship with a girl. I'm sorry if it's somehow a private question" Jihyo reads and she might be shocked of the question that she has picked.

"Don't be sorry, I know Onces are curious so I'll answer it" Mina started speaking and I don't know but I'm anticipating with her answer.

"I don't have. Those pictures that you've seen, she's my dearest best friend Chaeyoung. We're just close that you might think we have a relationship but we don't. And oops, she's Dahyun's best friend as well" Mina confidently answered while showing her gummy smile. I know that we can't really admit our relationship but hearing those denial words from Mina stabs me hard.

I just continued watching knowing that Mina's just trying to protect what seems to be true so there's nothing to worry and to be mad for.

"Another question again for Mina and yeah, for everyone" Jihyo stated

"Do you have a boyfriend Mina-unnie? And the other members too?"

"I don't. Still young" Tzuyu answered while giggling.

"I don't" Momo and Dahyun answered in unison

"I don't but I have Yoo Jeongyeon" Nayeon jokingly answered.

"I don't" Jeongyeon answered.

"You guys know that I have right?" Jihyo asked.

"Neeeee~" the crowd answered

"It might not be reported on public yet but I wanted you Onces to know first that me and Bambam are dating."

"So it's really impossible for me to have a relationship with my best friend" she jokingly added.

I wanted to go back to Korea and asked her if it was true. I wanted to clarify everything with her but I have nothing to do but to just cry. I wanted to believe that it's all an act but how can she managed to look so fine if it's just an act. How can she managed to smile and laugh if everything that she has said are all lies?