CHAPTER 20: Doxophobia

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

It's been a week since Dahyun and I met and up until now, Mina's not yet coming back from Korea. Dahyun told me that they also don't have an idea when the foreign members be coming back. I tried calling her number and it's out of coverage, later I realized she's in Japan so she's probably not using the same number there. I don't have any other choice but to wait for Dahyun's update about Mina's arrival.

The last thing that I want to happen is to lose Mina. I knew her and met her by fate and I will not let my stupid decision ruin everything again.

"Chaeyoung someone's outside looking for you" my grandma told me.

I'm at home right now since it's the weekend and we don't have any scheduled practice during weekends. Somi's probably the one looking for me because she told me yesterday when we were apart that she'd be coming to borrow my guitar.

I stand up from the couch to open the door and let Somi in. As I opened the door I felt so frozen to the point that I couldn't speak or even just have a single move. Tell me that I'm only dreaming, tell me that the person standing in front of me is just my illusion.

"Chaeng chaeng" she slowly speaks.

I still can't believe that Mina is standing in front of me. She's wearing a black hoodie and shorts that make her hard to recognize. This may be the reason why my grandma didn't let her in that fast because she doesn't know her.

I don't know how to react right now because I don't have an idea why is she here right now.

"Chaeng, can we talk?" she once again said in a very soft voice

"W-why? Why are you here?"I said stuttering.

Instead of answering she just smiled at me genuinely but at the same time, I can say that her eyes look so sad.

"Wait for me here." I added then turned my back on her to immediately go to my room and change clothes.

I thought she was still in Japan and one more thing Dahyun didn't even send a message informing me that Mina's back so I wasn't expecting to see her right now.

After changing my clothes I see her standing patiently waiting for me.

"Where are we going?" she asked me.

I didn't answer instead I held her hand to lead her to the old park near our house.

"You're supposedly at Japan, why are you here?" I frankly asked her.

"I want to see you" she said while looking straight to my eyes.

I can't speak as she blurted those words because it is really unbelievable since I terribly lied at her.

"Please tell me you're joking" I stated.

"I'm not Chaeng."

"Why did you lie to me?" she managed to ask.

"I'm sorry. It's becau-"as I'm speaking she suddenly cuts me off.

She suddenly pulled me for a hug and whispered.

"Whatever your reason is, I don't care. Don't destroy what we've built, Chaeng"

"Let's just forget what happened, can we?" she sincerely asks.

I'm so overwhelmed that I just nodded to answer her then silence takes over for a few seconds.

"Do they know that you're back?" I finally asked

"Who?" she curiously asks.

"Your co-members"

"They don't aside from Dahyun" she said while showing her gummy smile.

"She helped you to find me here, didn't she?"

She giggled then answered, "She did. Aren't you thankful?"

What did I do to be so lucky? Did I become a heroine in my past life?

"Of course I am" I answered.

I gather all my courage to finally admit to her my sexuality. I don't know how she'll react but I only wanted her to accept me. She's my friend after all.

"Minari?" I seriously approached.

"Ne?"

"I don't know if you're going to accept me but since you're my close friend now, I want you to know more about me. I'm not s-straight" I said.

I was expecting an answer but she just smiled and then hugged me. Is this her own way of telling me that it's totally fine with her? If it's her way then I could live up to it.

"Chaeng, you're planning to avoid me that is why you lied right?" she honestly asked without hesitations.

"I'm falling for you even though I just met you." I honestly answered looking down to hide my embarrassment.

"I don't want to ruin everything most especially our friendship because of that" I added.

"Anata to hanasu no ga tanjikan de watashi mo anata no tame ni ochite iru koto ni kidzuite inai. Watashitachiha tomodachidakara watashi wa tada aichaku shite iru to omotta." (In short time of talking with you I don't realize that I am also falling for you. I thought I am just being attached since we're friends)

"Jikan o kudasai,Chaeng. Watashi wa mada watashi no sekushuaritio ukeireru hoho nit suite shori shite imasu. Taihendesuga, junbi ga totonottara omachi kudasai" (Please give me time, Chaeng. I'm still processing on how to accept my sexuality. It's hard but I hope you will wait once I'm ready)

She sincerely said straight into my eyes using their own language.

"What did you say, Minari? Are you throwing a spell to me?" I jokingly asked.

Back when I was in middle school I studied Japanese so I do understand everything that she has said. I'm pretending that I don't understand it but I'm definitely feeling so flustered right now. I feel like she's afraid of expressing her feelings that's why she used their language to prevent me from understanding.

"Nothing. Just forget it" she said.

"I'm just trying to throw a spell for you to become a real Simba" she jokes.

"Yaaaa! Did you learn it from Dahyun?" I asked.'

She just laughed and nodded.

"That idiot." I frustratingly said.

" You're cute" she said while smiling.

"You're beautiful" I said in return.

She shyly smiled then looked down to hide her embarrassment.

I can't explain how happy I am as if I'm living my life fully right at this moment. No words can describe how grateful I am to meet someone as sweet, kind-hearted, and beautiful as this person sitting beside me.