Beginning.

Y/n pov

Beeep beeep beeep beeep beeep...

I open my eyes and look at the alarm clock. "Another day at..." I let out a big sigh. "...defy."

So, hi. My name is y/n and i work as an editor intern at defy media. I love editting. I mean, it is something I can do for hours and not feel tired at all, but I dread my job every morning. Its like you love learning but hate school.
Defy has been in my life for 1month now and let me tell you, it's horrible. You'll see why.

"Hey girl." I hear it as usual when I enter my office. Lily is the only girl around my age here, and that sucks, cause she isn't that good of a person either.
"Hey" I greet unenthusiastically.
"You know, dude is having a meeting with smosh people today" she said with the glow in her eyes that usually comes when she starts gossiping about someone.
"Really, why?" I asked.
"Dunno." She shrugged.

Smosh is a YouTube channel owned by defy. Old workers tell that defy bought smosh long ago and it has been a part since. Defy and smosh hate each other. I haven't experienced myself but ppl tell that smosh is full of arrogant idiots who jump around for veiws and its only because of defy story frameworks and editor screening that they are alive. But apparently smosh thinks we interfere with their creativity. I mean, talk about being ungreatful, if that's a word.

"Y/n" lily snapped me out. " You listening?" She asked.
"Yeah, what?"
She chuckled, and then said "dude's calling you in his office."

Jacob Evans, or as i and lily call him - the dude. Our boss and office a*#&0le. Since my arrival at defy, many women, or the handful that this place have, have warned me about this man who absolutely needs to date all his co-workers.
"Y/n..., have a seat."
My girl sixth sense are always amped up around him, don't know why.
"Hows your work going on?" he asked.
"Well, i guess you are the better judge of that" i said, wishing to my back to my desk fast.
He then gives the worst, most scary 'flirty smile' ever. Creepy.
"Lets cut the crap, shall we?" he said, getting up his chair and walking towards me then sitting on his table in front of me.
"Are you free this weekend?" he asked.
Oh no, this is not happening, not to me, not now. I realize immediately that i am stuck in a situation where either i enter in a situation where i am engaging with my boss, in which case i am a girl using herself to boost her career, or i deny anything with him and enter his hit list. No middle ground.
"Sorry...sir." i pretend to not understand it.
"I wanna take you out on a date y/n, i think you are beautiful and good looking, and i want US to be a thing."
Oh boy.

Quick girl, think something. You have to deny this in a way that is good for you both, or it is just a big office mess.
"Sir, um... as much as... I am flattered by the... offer, i will have to deny it. You are really one of the most charming personality here bit i am definitely not in a situation where i can enter into anything like even a casual dating. I am so sorry. I really am."
Nicely put. Short, and to the point. Good.
But when I look at the way his expression had changed, i immediately realize that he is not taking this well. Sjit.
"So that's a no?" He asked, his voice cold and sans expression.
I wait for a second and nod my head in agreement. I am getting into a trouble knowing it could cost me my peace, if not my job.
"Hmm. That's not a first you know, there are always tough catches. But they all give up eventually." He said, his expression colder than i have ever known it to be. I feel my goosebumps begining to stand.
No turning back. Office romance is a big no, especially with your boss. Be strong. Project strength. You can do this. Say a bold statement, quick.
"Excuse me?" I narrowed my eyes.
"Go back to you desk and i want that video done in an hour " he ordered.

Two weeks have passed since that day and i now i despise my job more than ever.
His idea of revenge is increasing my workload. Cruel, but predictable. I learned very early in my childhood that some men exert their power in most inhuman ways, also some women. They take undue advantage of their positions to consolidate their dominance over subordinates and thus cut out possible threats to their positions. Jacob was one of that kind. The big headed ones. It almost cements my theory that he was a bully in his school days. But i am not gonna let him ruin my job. I know that I am permanent here, bit he does not have the power to fire me, thank God.