XXVII

B E Y O N C É
C H A P T E R 27
Saturday, December 22
~~~~

"Where are you going this early dressed like that?" Chloe asked laying across my bed watching me do my makeup.

"I'm going to brunch," I said sitting at my vanity.

"With Jay?" She smirked.

"Why you make that face when you said that?"

She laughed then smiled, "Oh no reason."

"Well you're wrong, I'm going to brunch with Morris."

"Ugh! You need to drop him."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because you're with Jay, duh!"

I looked at her and laughed, "You're delusional, you know that? There is literally nothing going on between us."

"So why did I see him coming out of this room at seven o'clock this morning?"

"Huh?"

"If you can huh you can hear."

"Girl! Nothing happened," I laughed.

"I'm waiting for a response."

"He was too tired to go home so he just slept here."

"We have a couch for starters and secondly he left before dinner and came back which means he came back for a reason."

"He came back to eat."

"Eat what?!"

I laughed hysterically, "I should've finished that sentence," I said trying to catch my breath, "He doesn't know how to cook and dinner wasn't ready when he left so he came back for tacos, Chloe, any more questions?"

"If he would've eaten something else I wouldn't mind, when's the last time you had some?"

"You sound like Kelly, get out."

"I'm just saying, I heard it's good for the soul. I wouldn't know anything though, I'm a virgin, unlike your other kids."

"You're a virgin?" I asked shockingly.

"Why do you look so surprised?"

"I just thought since your other siblings like to do those types of things you did too. I actually thought you would've been the first one."

"I'm not my siblings and Keith was first."

"I should've known, he's handsome and a pretty boy. God sure did take his time making my baby."

She laughed, "I don't know who's more conceited about him, you or him."

"I feel that way about all of y'all, y'all are the definition of perfect. I hate to brag but I make beautiful babies."

"Aww, thank you, mommy."

"You're welcome, my beautiful child."