XXII

B E Y O N C É
C H A P T E R 22
Saturday, December 15
~~~~

"Stop," I giggled as Morris tickled me.

"Take back what you said," he stopped.

"No cause I'd be lying," I said trying to catch my breath.

He chuckled and continued to tickle me.

"Ok! Ok! I give up, I can't breathe," I said giving in.

"I want you to say English Language and Literature is the best major out of all majors," he said.

"Do I really have to?" I whined.

"I guess you want to continue to be tickled."

"Fine! English Language and Literature is the best major out of all majors even though I think it's pointless and boring," I smiled.

"I'll take that," he said getting off of me allowing me to sit up.

"We aren't even watching the movie," I chuckled sipping some wine from my glass.

"How can I pay attention to the movie when I have this beautiful woman in front of me," he said making me blush.

"You're a work of art yourself, Mr. Chestnut."

"I like the way you said that."

I glanced at him with a smirk on my face before continuing to sip my wine.

"Don't give me that look," he laughed.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said trying my best not to smile.

Morris began to say something but was cut off by the ringing of my phone. Who the fuck could be calling me at 2 in the morning? I looked at the caller ID and it was Ryan, Keith's girlfriend. I ignored the first call and sat my phone back down but she called right back.

"Answer it, it might be important," Morris said.

I picked my phone up and answered the call, "Hello."

"They shot him," she cried, "We were coming from the movies and they just started shooting."

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach, "Where are you?" I quickly asked while putting my shoes on.

"We're headed to Baylor."

"I'm on my way, Ryan, everything will be ok, he'll be ok," I reassured her but I was really trying to convince myself.

I gathered my things and let Morris know I had to to go and rushed to the hospital. The entire drive to the hospital I prayed to God that Keith made pulled through, he was only 18 and he had so much to live for.

Eventually, I made it to the hospital and found Ryan sitting with her head in her lap, crying.

"Have you heard anything?" I sat beside her.

She looked up at me with tears streaming down her face and shook her head no.

"He'll be fine, he's strong," I rubbed her back.