XXV

B E Y O N C É
C H A P T E R 25
Thursday, December 20
~~~~

"Um, why am I here?" I asked Jay as I got out of my car

"Um, why am I here?" I asked Jay as I got out of my car. He had called me earlier this morning telling me to meet him at some address and I was half asleep so here I am, meeting him 2 hours later. Luckily the address was down the street from where I live, it took me about 5 minutes to get there.

"Damn why you always fashion show ready?"

"I always dress to impress," I smiled doing a 360 turn.

"It's chilly out here," he said.

I shrugged, "The cost of being a bad bitch and I have a jacket thingy on."

He laughed, "Women."

"Whatever, why am I here?"

"Don't sound too thrilled about it."

"You woke me up out of my sleep to meet you at these apartments, so no, I'm not thrilled."

"For starters, these are condos and secondly, stop complaining, you have nothing else to do."

"I have a job," I smirked.

"You're not even working, it's winter break. I'm gonna need a better excuse than that."

"Why am I here?" I asked changing the subject.

He laughed at me, "This is where I live now."

"Huh?"

"I live here."

"Oh no you don't, you haven't even been working for a week. The judge is gonna question how you can afford this."

"I was tired of living with TyTy, I needed my own space. And by the time I go to court, I'll already be making money."

"Jay you have to be smarter."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm not dumb, I know the money you're gonna make working for Terrence doesn't compare to the money you already have and the money you're gonna continue to make. You have to be smarter, it's the only way you'll get Shay back. And eventually, you will have to get out because it's the only way you'll keep Shay. There's only so much I can do for you, do you understand?"

He nodded.

"Do you understand?" I repeated to make sure he's really is hearing me.