X

B E Y O N C É
C H A P T E R 10.
Saturday, September 1
~~~~

I walked into the prison preparing to visit one of the inmates. It was 11 o'clock in the morning and I had a long day ahead of me. I dropped Blue off at my mothers' earlier because I didn't want her involved since I already knew hell was gonna break loose at dinner simply because my kids and I have no problem speaking our mind.

"Good morning Ms. Knowles, I thought you weren't working today," the same guard that took me to see Jay when he was in solitary confinement said.

"Good morning, Jerry. I'm actually here to see Jay."

"Have we taken a liking to Mr. Carter?" He asked.

"I'm just trying to help him," I said.

"Well everyone needs a little help from time to time."

"You're a very wise man, Mr. Jerry," I smiled.

"And you're a very smart and caring woman, Ms. Knowles," he said back.

"Thank you," I said walking away to the visitors' section of the prison. I told Sheila who worked in that department who I was seeing and I was escorted to the visitation room.

I waited for a good five minutes until Jay was finally brought out.

"I wasn't expecting you," he said sitting down.

"I met your daughter," I said getting straight to the point.

"What?"

"She's friends with my daughter, when I left yesterday it was because they got into trouble. She said her name was Shay and I asked what her last name was. She wants to meet you," I explained.

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her that we could talk tomorrow because I planned to visit you first," I told him.

"I- I don't know what to do," he stuttered.

"This is your opportunity to tell her how you feel, let her know you love her and want to be there for her."

"What if she hates me?"

"When I said I knew you her eyes lit up, I know for a fact she doesn't hate you. If she did, she wouldn't be taking time out of her day to send you letters."

"Will you bring her to me?" he asked.

"You know I'm here for you Jay," I said touching his hand.

He looked at my hand touching his and slightly smiled, "Can you bring her next Saturday?"

"Yeah, I can," I said as we both stood up.

"Thank you Beyoncé," he said pulling me into a hug and I gladly hugged him back.

After I left the prison I headed back to Houston to go grocery shopping for tonight. I didn't know what to cook so I just got a little bit of everything. Keith had a growing appetite, the twins were vegetarians, and Paige was very picky so it was very hard to decide on what to cook.