10.

The sound of gunshots rung through her ear. The blood all over her body, the fear in her eyes. The men around her on the floor, puddles of blood surrounding her. Her heart started beating faster every second, her eyes locked on the tan man with the gun. "Oh.. my god," She took a gasping breath and wiped at the blood on her face, the way he handled the gun, the way he stared at her, made tears jump to her eyes.

"Who are you?"

The question rung out through the air, he didn't answer.

His gaze was focused on the bodies. If he hadn't showed up, her clothes would be off. If he hadn't showed up, she could've been killed.

"Please don't hurt me," She whimpered as she maneuvered the body off of her. She held in a shriek as she saw the blood coating her hands.

"Don't make any sudden moves." He grunted and shoved the gun in the waist band of his jeans, pulling on some gloves. The man grumbled and walked towards the girl, pulling the man away from her body. "Lia, right?" He asked, his voice deep and raspy, "You're lucky I was around."

Once the bodies of the men were outside, she slowly stood up and looked up at the man, then heard another loud shot ring out. She saw the bullet go straight through his head, then screamed loudly.

"Who are you?!' She asked the blonde man in front of her, who had just shot the tan man that saved her life.

"Let's go." He grunted and wrapped his arm around her waist, pressing his gun against her temple. "Walk." As she heard the click of the gun, she gulped and slowly started to walk, the man's arms wrapping tighter around her.

Then he pulled the trigger.

Lia shot up and grunted, feeling pain pulsate through her body. She whines as she slowly stood up, grabbed her crutch and slipped out of her room, heading to the hallway and towards the guest room to see if her friends were still awake.

She pushed open the door, looking at the dog curled up in between the two, Lindsay out cold and Luke awake, staring right back at her.

"You alright?" He asked her as he slowly climbed out of bed and approached her.

"Had a really bad dream." She admitted and looked up at him, "I can't go back to sleep."

"Come here." He said softly and opened his arms as he stood in front of her, gently resting his hand on the small of her back to pull her into his chest. "Do you want to talk about it? I've been told I'm a good listener." He said quietly into her ear, then slowly took the crutch in one hand, leaning it against the bed. Luke scooped her up and then grabbed the crutch, walking out of the guest room and into her room.

"I guess yeah," She blushed slightly and then smiled as Luke put down the crutch and sat down on the bed with her. Luke maneuvered her until she was laying down right next to him and he stroked her hair, looking down into her eyes with an encouraging smile. "I was in trouble, you.. You died, Lindsay, I don't know where she was." Lia looked up at Luke then down to her shaking hands, "Oh god, you're going to think I'm a baby.."

"If it scares you, I'm sure it's serious." He muttered and looked down at her, gently sliding his hand through her hair.

"Somebody broke into my house when I got back from work. Lindsay had taken me to get my casts of prior and then she was gone after she dropped me home. I remember getting in the car to go to work, I came home and someone got in by smashing the windows..." Lia spoke slowly, playing with her fingers. "You, you ran out thinking I fell. You tried to fight but they killed you right in front of me. Armageddon was out back, in the fenced in area. I remember him barking. He was concerned, angry, scared too." Lia took a shaking breath, "I watched you get beaten in front of me, then shot. That's killing me, Luke." She looked up into Luke's eyes, her own eyes filled with tears, "And I was so paralyzed. I couldn't pick up a g-gun, I was frozen."

"Hey, hey. Look at me, Lia." He whispered as he gently lifted her head, looking down into her tear-filled eyes.

His heart ached.

"That's never going to happen, I promise."

"I knew I couldn't run to get Armageddon, I'm.. not that stupid. My phone got smashed, yours shot when they shot you.. Lindsay, still gone.. There were guys cornering me.. I wasn't smart enough to stall." Lia breathed in heavily and sniffled, "One tackled me, I smashed my head off the floor and there was like spots in my vision. I couldn't lift my arms, they felt heavy. I like started to kick my legs," A tear dripped down her cheeks and she looked up at Luke, shaking her head slowly. "I didn't know what to do! Then.. a guy came in. He had like darker skin and buzzed hair, tattoos.." She nodded slowly and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. "And I didn't know who he was, but he killed all the guys. And he was nice to me, really. He knew my name, he had big eyes. He saved me," She rambled and sniffled, "Then a blonde guy came in and shot him in the head. I was screaming on the floor and then the guy pulled me up and shot me..."

"That's when you woke up." Luke inferred and looked down into her eyes, wiping the tears that were dripping down her cheeks. He pulled her closer as she nodded and closed her eyes, then slowly guided her head onto his shoulder. "It's okay, I promise. You're safe with us, that will never happen, I promise." He soothed her and slowly ran his hand through her hair again, listening to her breathing and frowning as she shook. "Hey, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere, it's okay, Lia."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to cry," She whispered and wiped her eyes as she pulled away. Lia wiped her eyes and looked up at Luke, taking a deep breath, wincing slightly when her ribs started to ache.

"It's okay, love. I promise." He whispered and gazed down into her eyes as he wiped her hair out of her face. "You still look beautiful." He muttered, then froze. He wiped away his tears, biting on his lip. He wasn't supposed to say that, now it was awkward. "Sorry," Luke said gently and then looked back down into Lia's eyes, watching her blink away the tears. His heart started to pound and he smiled down at her as she smiled back up at her, then pressed his lips to hers.