02.

Emily woke up in a cold sweat. Her skin was clammy and wet, as if she ran a marathon, the bed was wet from her sweat. "Holy shit," she mutters, taking a deep breath. Emily couldn't remember for the life of her, about anything. Not her name, the password to her phone, why she lived in Charming.. any of her friends.

She was glad that she remembered where she lived. At least that was a start.

The woman sat up straight and sighed, immediately getting out of bed. For a moment, she didn't recognize her surroundings, but after a few minutes it all stared coming back. This was her home.

Emily looked over at her phone, checking the time.

Four in the morning.

The nightmares she was having were messing up her sleep schedule. They were just messing her up period.

She tries one more time to get into her phone, but she couldn't. Her smashed phone screen pricked her in the finger and she sighs, putting the phone on her dresser. Her tired eyes looked around the room, deciding to start in the dresser to look for her birth certificate or her wallet.

"Where the fuck would it be..?" Emily questions herself, pulling everything out of the drawers and dropping it on the floor. Nothing in there or hidden in some clothes.

She even tried checking under the drawers and there was nothing. Then came the closet and she still found nothing.

"Letters.. bills, something. I need to figure out who I am again.."

After ransacking her room, she rushes downstairs to the kitchen table. There was an opened letter, but her information was ripped. "I swear, I just have the worst luck." She mutters to herself, slamming her hand down on the table, but immediately regretting it. Her hand turned red and started to ache.

"Emily?" She hears a voice call out. For a moment, she freezes up but then realizes it's officer Lucas as he walks into the kitchen. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah! Sorry." She sighs and looks up at him, her green eyes meeting his brown ones. She watches Luke run a hand through his hair. "Didn't mean to worry you, I'm just looking for my birth certificate or something."

"Oh, alright. Well, do you want help?" He asks and calls his dog over.

The dog runs right over and she smiles. Emily drops onto her knees to pet the pup, "No, I'm alright... but What's his name again?" She asks.

"Armageddon." Officer Lucas chuckles and runs a hand through his blonde hair. "The dog can go with you if you want."

"Oh, okay!" She smiles and pets the one hundred pound dog. "This is the way I want to go out... being crushed by one hundred pounds of fluff!"

Luke laughs and shakes his head. "I guess that's not a terrible way to go out. Alright, I'll be up here."

Emily nods and smiles, calling the dog. Since she had gone through almost the entire house, she decided to head down into the basement for the first time in a few days.

It freaked her out for some reason, but it did give her some comfort. There was no windows or doors besides the one that leads back into the kitchen.

"Where would it be.." Emily mutters to herself as she looks through some storage bins. No important papers. She sits down on the floor after taking all of the bins off the shelves and looks down as Armageddon nuzzles his head into her lap. She kept sifting through the bins until an hour later, when she stumbled upon an empty pink wallet. "You've got to be fucking kidding me!" She groans and continues to look in that bucket, finding a credit card with the name Logan H. Loumen.

"Logan H. Loumen?" She asks herself, repeating the name over and over. As far as she knew, she didn't know anyone named Logan Loumen. "Maybe that's my dad?" She mutters to herself and sighs, tucking the card in her back pocket.

"Hey, Luke?" She calls as she puts the stuff back in the bins and then puts the bins back on the shelf. She taps Armageddon and tells him up, which he obeys.  Emily stands up and heads up the stairs, heading Luke's boots hit the floor.

"What's up?" Luke asks as he stands in front of the door.

"Is it possible for you to run a credit card number?" She asks, taking the credit card out of her pocket. "I don't know who's it is, I want to figure out if they're family or not."

"Yeah! I can do that for you. But I'd need to go back to the station. I'll head over in the morning." Luke smiles and tucks the card in his pocket, then yawns. "It's definitely time for my shift to end." He chuckles.

"You're right." Emily smiles and nods, "Alright. Sounds good." She says and watches him walk up the stairs, then heads over to the couch. She calls the dog up with her and not long after, she was back into a deep sleep.