05.

It had been weeks since Lia had been living alone. Supposedly the men were caught, but she still kept her doors and windows locked. Luke and Lindsay would still come over from time to time and check on her through phone calls and texts.

She started remembering things, like easy things. Her favorite color was peach. Her phone password was the name on the credit card she found.. and so was her laptop password. Lia could finally remember most of everything, which didn't help with her nightmares.

She always pushed those thoughts out of her mind, keeping herself occupied. She started working insane hours, even redecorated her house to keep her mind off of the torture she went through.. but every damn time she closed her eyes, she went back to that place.

Many times, late at night, she'd call Luke crying. He'd always rush over, prepared for anything. Lia knew he was a good friend to her, although she might've had a small school-girl like crush on him.

Lia's eyes were wide open as she relaxed on the couch, watching an episode of some random reality T.V show that happened to be on. She was on her third cup of coffee to keep herself from dozing off.

She looked down at her phone, noticing the time. It was just about three-thirty, meaning she needed to get dressed and ready for her shift at the restaurant that was conveniently down the street.

Lia sighed softly and turned off the television, heading upstairs and into her bedroom. She brushed out her hair after taking it out of the messy bun. Once she finished, she quickly pulled on her uniform, applied some makeup and dashed out the door after grabbing her wallet.

She was nervous to get behind the wheel again, but she wouldn't walk. She couldn't, her anxiety would be worse.

Lia quickly unlocks her car and climbs in, not wasting a second to lock the doors as she starts the car. It takes a few tries, the car struggling and sputtering, but after running for a few minutes it sounded fine. Lia throws it in gear and pulls out of her driveway slowly, looking behind her as often as she did like she was driving when she was on her way to the police station. Her eyes widen as she notices a black truck pull up behind her, her hands tightening on the wheel but relaxing as soon as the truck turns off.

"I can't live like this anymore.." She mutters and turns onto a separate street, not even realizing where she was going, since she became so engrossed in her thoughts.

The torture, rape, abuse, everything was just piling up on her. She didn't know when she was going to lose it, she just knew that she would.

Lia wasn't driving for long when she realized that she was nowhere near work. She hear motorcycles speed by her and she tended slightly, her hands gripping the steering wheel. The same man that was at the police station was staring at her and her car as he drove by.

It was creepy. Lia's mind automatically assumed the worst and soon she was speeding out of the lot she turned around in.

Headlights, high beams.

Lia squinted her eyes, then they widened as she realized that there was someone in her lane. She goes to slam on her brakes, turn off the road and into a tree, but she was too late.

The red truck slammed right into her head on. The car rolled, she smashed her head and then she was out. Thankfully, not even two minutes later, the police were called, but the driver for away.

. . .

"Hey, girl. Can you hear me?"

"Lia, pretty Lia.."

"Gentlemen, I don't think she'll be up for a while. Maybe a few days." A nurse spoke, stepping into the room. "She has severe trauma, she needs to be in surgery soon."

"Fuck.."

"Can you tell me your relationship to her?" The nurse asked, looking over at the two men. Both tall, but besides that, they were completely different.

One was tall with blonde hair and bright blue eyes, and a more muscular build. The other, tall, bald, dark and more lean, although he still had muscle.

"I'm her brother." The blonde responded to the nurse, sighing when she raised her eyebrows as if she was saying that they looked nothing alike. "Sorry, adoptive."

"I'm her, uh, best-"

"That's her boyfriend, Logan." The blonde responded, smiling. "I'm Jack." He touched his brother's shoulder and then looks back at the nurse. "Could we have a moment alone? He's just taking this hard."

"Yeah, of course!" The nurse smiled and left the room, closing the door behind herself.

Logan slowly stepped towards Lia, running a hand through her hair. "This is her, Jax. This is her." His gruff voice muttered as he looked down at her. "We went to high school with her before I dropped out."

"This is Lia?" Jax asked in disbelief, looking down at the woman in front of him. "Damn, she used to be so ugly."

Happy gritted his teeth and looked over at Jax. "Nah." He responded and touched her cheek softly, flicking her nose and her arm.

She flinched a little, but she didn't wake up, at least she was alive.

"All those times we drove by her, I'm tellin' you it was a smart idea."

Jax took out his phone and nodded, "Yep, whatever you say. Uh huh, sorry I'm not in love with her." Happy's eyes narrowed at that statement, shooting him a hard glare. "I bullied her in high school. She's nothing to me."

Happy gently lifted her hand, bending her fingers. "Whatever." He muttered in a cold tone and looks down at her body, starting to run his hand through her hair again.

"Fuck are you doing to the poor thing?" Jax asked, staring over at Happy.

"Trying to wake her up." His voice came out raspier and his eyes were locked on Lia's face. "She can't die, not now. I have to make things right."

"Fuckin' freak." Jax teased and then looks over at the girl, "I'm sure she doesn't wanna be caressed by a manwhore killer." Jax's words didn't affect him, he was too worried about her. "Since when do you have feelings?"

"Jax, if you don't shut the hell up.." Happy snapped and then gave him another cold glare, watching him back off immediately.

"Shit. We need to go. Now." Jax responded, shoving his phone in his pocket. "Say goodbye to your fucking girlfriend real quick because shit's going south."

Happy just flipped him off as Jax left the room, gently squeezing her hand.

"Wake up soon girl, or we will have a fuckin' issue."