20.

Lia's eyes widened as another light jumped up on her dashboard. From the knowledge she learned about a week ago from the man at the shop, it was an engine light and her car would be fine if she drove on it for a little while.

She shut off her car as she slipped out. Grabbing her gym bag, she through it over her shoulder and locked her car after closing the door, sauntering her way to the entrance.

Too much was on her mind.

With constant problems with her vehicle, she wasn't sure if she wanted to sell it or keep it. But if she kept it, she knew she'd be spending quite a bit of money.

It wasn't like the car was in bad condition - it had low mileage and was taken care of. Hell, she was anxiety ridden about it. She always scheduled maintenance a couple weeks before needing any work to the car, because, she had an irrational fear of the car breaking down and being unfixable.

She sighed as she pushed through the door was checked in, then spotted Lindsay.

"Hey girl!" Lindsay smiled as she spotted her friend, approaching her quickly. "Ready for the best workout of your life?" She asked, with a grin spread across her face. She adjusted her small workout bags straps on her shoulders.

"Oh, you know it!" Lia grinned and nudged Lindsay before heading towards the locker room to put her stuff away. She glanced over her shoulder and smiled as Lindsay followed, then stepped into the bright colored locker room and grabbed a random locker, throwing her bag in. Before closing the locker and locking it up, she fished out her water bottle and a hair tie.

Lia set the water bottle down on the bench and quickly tied up her hair into a tight ponytail. Once she finished, she grabbed her water bottle and looked over at her friend. "I'm ready, are you?" She asked, checking herself out in the mirror.

"Of course I am." Lindsay smirked and flipped her hair. "Let's go!" She cheered and rushed out of the locker room and to the treadmills.

...

Lia set down the dumbbell and took in a deep breath, pushing her ponytail off of her shoulder. She stood up straight as she took a sip from her water bottle and looked over at Lindsay, who was curling probably three times her weight. With a grin, Lia picked the dumbbells back up and continued her set. As she watched her muscles contract in the mirror, her eyes caught on a familiar man who stood a few feet behind her.