28.

"Go on, make yourself comfortable." Jax spoke and nudged Lia's back, getting irritated that she had stood in the doorway for at least five minutes.

Lia stepped in slowly, looking back at Jax. "I have to stay here? For how long...?" She trailed off, sighing as Jax shrugged.

She looked around the clubhouse room and put her bag on the bed. "I just want to go home." She whispered.

"You made your choice." Jax scoffed. "You know what will happen to you if you leave." With that, he shut the door, leaving her in silence.

Lia started to tear up as she unpacked a few of her belongings, looking around the simple room. All it had was a dresser, a small closet and a bed.

She put some clothes away, then sighed and sat down on the bed, covering her head with her hands.

Lia heard a knock on the door, but she refused to look up. She assumed it was Jax and he would make some snide remarks.

"Are you alright?" It was a soft woman's voice who spoke up.

Fortunately for her, it was not Jax.

The woman looked up slowly and took in the other woman in front of her. Shoulder length brunette hair and striking hazel eyes.

"Yeah," Lia nods as she wipes her eyes. "I'm okay, thank you." She spoke. "I don't know you," she whispered, raking her brain for who this woman could be but coming up with nothing.

"I'm Tara," the woman spoke with a small smile. "We've never met, but I do know a little bit about you." She cleared her throat.

"Oh okay. I'm Lia." She spoke with a small smile as well, "I wish I could say the same about you."

Tara offered a small sympathetic smile. "Lia, do you like kids?" She asked softly.

"I do." Lia responded almost immediately.

"Come with me," Tara smiled and outstretched her arm to the girl who sat on the bed. "My son is seven months, and Opie's kids are here too."

"Oh!" Lia smiled, "I love babies." She giggled and took her arm, standing up. The two interlocked hands as they left the room and went into the main room of the clubhouse. "If you ever need a baby sitter, I'm your girl." She giggled.

"I'll keep you in mind." Tara winked and located her son, who was sitting with Bobby. She walked over to Bobby, holding Lia's hand, knowing it was comforting her and keeping her calm.

Lia looked at the sweet little blonde boy in front of her. "Oh my gosh, he's so cute," She spoke to Tara and immediately took the opportunity to hold him as Bobby held him out. She grinned over at Tara, who smiled as well.

"He is," she said softly.

"Hi little guy," she spoke gently, looking at Abel who had started to occupy himself with fists full of her dark hair. "You're the cutest little thing I've ever seen, do you know that?"