08.

"Ready to go home?" Lindsay asked Lia, giving her a slight smile. She was still upset about not being remembered, but there was nothing she could do about it. Her eyes glanced down at her knee, making sure she could get up on her own.

"Yeah." Lia responded, with the same slight smile crossing her face. "I miss my bed." She laughed softly and fixed the crutch under her armpit, looking over at Luke and Lindsay. She slowly stood up and gripped at the crutch, using it to help her walk towards the door. "I got the hang of it now!" She grinned and looked over at Luke, who just gives her a wide smile. "Let's go." Lia said softly and lets Lindsay step in front of her and open the door. She followed behind her, a little slowly, with Luke trailing behind her.

Once Lia reached the waiting room, she stopped walking, taking a minute to breathe. Once she was ready to walk again, she nods at the two, then continues towards the elevator. They reach the elevator and Lindsay presses the button to call the elevator to their floor.

She slowly swung herself into the elevator and leaned up against the wall, the second it opened.

Lindsay smiled over at her, "You're doing well." She muttered to Lia.

Lia smiled and nodded as a thank you, then quickly got off the elevator and followed Lindsay out of the hospital and to the garage.

"Come here, this is a long walk." Luke speaks up from behind her. Not even a second later, he was in front of her. Lindsay quickly took her crutch and Luke picked her up,  carrying her to the parking garage.

"Thanks." Lia laughed softly and held onto him with her good arm, watching people walk by them and the cars drive by.

Not even five minutes later, they were all situated in the car and ready to get on the road to Lia's house.

. . .

The second she opened the door, the smell of fall hit her nose. She breathed in deeply and slowly stepped inside, looking up and down the hallway to see if she could recognize it. She didn't.

Her hand glided over the dark brown table in the hallway. It was so smooth and soft. Lia looked down at one of the picture frames, picking it up. A redhead women with green eyes, herself and a blonde man with blue eyes..

"This is us." She said softly and turned around, showing the picture to her friends. "How long ago was this?" She asked as she stroked her thumb over the frame. Lia put it back down in its spot and fixed her crutch, so she could lean on it.

"It was like four months ago." Lindsay spoke softly, closing and locking the door behind her. "It was after we went shopping, right before we were about to leave."

"Leave for where?" Lia asked and picked up another frame, looking at it.

"You didn't need us anymore," Luke chimed in and walked over to her, "You hungry?" He asked after a minute, nodding when she nodded. "Do you want anything in particular?"

"I'm kinda craving some stuffed peppers.." she said and smiled over at Luke.

"Well, good thing we took care of everything, yeah?" Lindsay smiled and looked over at Luke, then watched him walk off into the kitchen.

Lia looked down at the frame that was still in her hand and smiled. "Is this my dog?" She asked Lindsay, showing her the photo. "Where is it?"

"Your old dog," Lindsay said softly and watched her set down the frame, then followed her around the rest of the house. "He passed away a few years ago, you told me that." Lindsay smiled and watched Lia sit down on the floor, her bad leg outstretched in front of her. With her hand, she pulled a photo album off the shelf, in the living room. "Need help?" She asked softly, crouching next to her.