Chapter 23

Kagome had a headache. A bad headache. One that was pounding so hard that she felt her entire skull would split open.

It started when she came back from eating dangos with Shikana. A little boy had run into her by accident and fell on the ground due to the impact. 

Kagome was quick to help the poor boy up, asking, "Are you alright?"

The boy dusted himself off, grinning at her, "I'm alright, dattebayo!"

With that, he took off running to the other end of the street. Then, a sharp pain hit Kagome directly in the head. 'Kaa-san!'

"Ahh."Kagome clutches her head as white spots clouded her vision. Just what was that voice?

"What's wrong, Kagome?"Shikana put her hand on Kagome's back, worried for her friend.

"I-it's nothing. Just a headache."Kagome took a deep breath as the white spots disappear, "Let's just go back."

They arrived at their home and Shikana opened the door for them. It seemed that Tobirama and Harshirama were still sleeping. She noticed that there was a note at the table. 

"Oh, Madara left us a note just now."Shikana picked it up reading it out loud, "You idiots better be awake by noon. I can't believe my first job as Hokage is waking you guys up. Idiots."

Kagome snatched the note away from Shikana playfully and continued on reading it, "I have your first mission for you four already. It would be an Uzumaki treaty. I would like them to join Konoha-"

"Hahahaha, poor princess Kagome. Still can't get your man right? You Hayami's are so naive.'

'Mito's pregnant. I have to marry her.'

'I'm sorry, Kagome. But that child of yours can not be alive. Forgive me.'

'Your clan had a massacre. There's no one else.' 

Memories flashed between Kagome's eyes. What was happening? These can't be her memories right? Why were all these memories so bad? Kagome clutched her heart by instinct. It hurts so much. Even though she never saw them before, she knew the person who experienced these painful memories was her. Just what was going on? But even with all those painful memories, a warm feeling slipped in. 

"Kaa-san, I don't want to be a Namikaze. I want to be a Hayami, like you!"

"Kaa-san look! I can do your teleportation technique now! Hehe..."

'Wait, Kaa-san! Don't burn the kitchen I'll cook instead!"

A bright blue-eyed boy stared at her. His long blond hair almost covered his eyes, but that didn't stop it from hiding his handsome face. His smile was so bright, but why did Kagome's heart start to ache? It was like someone she had lost forever. She felt tears dripping down her face without her knowing. She wiped and wiped, but it just wouldn't stop. 

"Kagome? Are you crying?"Shikana looked at her Kagome weirdly, "The Uzumaki is coming to Konoha finally. Are you not happy with it?"

"N-no. It's just something in my eyes-"

"Are you ok, babe?"A  sudden voice interrupted Kagome. There Harshirama stood with his pajamas, leaning on the wall, "Tobirama already left to go see Madara. I just woke up and I heard you guys talking."

"Huh, oh morning hon," Kagome wiped her tears with her sleeve, "I think it's just allergy."

"Really? I saw your tears, babe. Something  must have affected you pretty badly." Harshirama went to Kagome, hands reaching out ready to cup her face.