Chapter 3

Blurs of green color past Kagome as she ran through the forest. Leaping from tree to tree, only the sound of slight leaves rustling was heard. If anyone would have listened carefully, they would think it was only a squirrel or some kind of animal running up a tree. When she saw the familiar red wall coming up to her sight, Kagome jumped from her last tree branch into the road.

"Konoha...home sweet home", Kagome said with sarcasm.

She was never particularly happy to come back to Konoha. After a few years living in Kiri to help Mei, she decided it was time to go to Konoha to solve the mystery of the Uchiha. Mei and Yagura were against her going, but after some talks, they understood why she had to go. There was someone out the shinobi world that is too dangerous and could harm many innocent people. Kagome couldn't let that happen. She walked slowly to the gate of Konohagukare. How long has it been that she actually stayed here? Twenty years? Thirty? She couldn't remember. All she knew was that this place holds so many painful memories that she never wants to experience again.

"Halt! State your name and your purpose for coming here." A guard stopped her while his partner was watching carefully.

A slight whisper escaped Kagome's mouth saying, "Water style: Sleeping Mist."

A blue mist slowly came out of Kagome's body and surrounded the guards. The guards didn't notice anything and one was about to reach for his bulletin board when both went down face planted on the ground. She grimaced at the impact since she doesn't expect them to completely knock out so fast.

'Konoha's security really starting to lack.'

Kagome walked through the village's road, taking everything around her in. Laughter and cries of joy were heard by her left by children playing tag around the street. On her right were people from different shops and restaurants waving to each other while greeting everyone like family. New buildings were built, but they seem what it was like before. She looked up to see the Hokage mountains. It seems like Minato had become Hokage just like what he always told her wanted to be. The only thing she looked forward was seeing Minato again and she couldn't wait to see him again. The same old warm welcoming air was still there. But was it really alright to come back here?

Kagome walked for a while examining her surroundings until she smelled something so familiar. She followed the smell leading her to a small ramen shop, "Ramen Ichiraku". Walking inside, she was greeted by a teenage girl.

"Hello! Welcome to Ichiraku! Take a seat anyway. My name is Ayame."

Kagome smiled at the girl and took a seat in the middle, looking at the menu at the wall. 'Pork Miso Soup Ramen sounds good, but why does the handwriting look so damn familiar?'

"One pork miso soup please." Kagome knew that handwriting somewhere as she looks closer to all the food on the menu. 'What the heck? This menu is just like-"

Her thought was interrupted when a bowl of Ramen was placed right in front of her. The glistening pork smell was making her more hungry than she originally thought she was. She blew the soup softly in her spoon and drank it in one gulp. Her eyes widen at the flavor that exploded in her mouth. This taste! She only knew one person who was able to make this.

"Ah I see, my ramen was too good for you huh, dear customer?" A happy voice broke through her trace.

She looks up to see a middle-aged man smiling widely at her.

"It was. It was very good."

The man's smile dropped at once when he heard Kagome's voice. He looked now seeing the woman's face. His eyes widen at the sight of her. That similar hair color and her playful smile. It could only one person who he remembers like that.

"Kagome-sama?"

With a big smile, Kagome replies, "It been a long time Teuchi."

Teuchi took off his hat, holding it to his chest. "Yes, it been a very long time, Kagome-sama." His daughter, Ayame, looked at him confused. Ayame wondered how her father knew this pretty woman.

"It seems like your dream of opening a ramen shop came true."

"It did because of your help."

Ayame still confused, asked, "Father, who is this woman? How do you know each other?"

Teuchi grinned, "This woman is Kagome-sama. She was the one who gave me the money to open my restaurant."

"It was only a small fund. When you were a teen, you told me that you dreamed of opening a shop for people to be happy. I'm glad your dream came true."

"Yes. I met Kagome-sama during the second shinobi war. I was helping distribute food and she came over my section. I was making ramen when she told me that I should open a restaurant. I told her I didn't have enough money to do it. She liked it so much that she gave me funds for it."Teuchi boomed with laughter.

They continue talking about their first encounter for a while. There was a warm atmosphere around them. Kagome put down a bill as Teuchi told her it's free of charges. They argued for a while Kagome admitted defeat, but secretly slipped money under her bowl. Saying goodbye, Kagome promised to come back to visit.

'There are so many people who grew up so fast.'

Kagome walked around the village for another hour. She admired the calmness the village had like there wouldn't be any danger coming to them any soon. Deciding to head to one more destination before seeing Minato, she needed to investigate something first. Her body stopped at the gate of the Uchiha clan. Dirt appeared on her finger when she brushed across some of the homes.

'Strange, it seems so empty. Where is everyone?'

The Uchiha clan home was bare and empty. There were blood stains and signs of dust growing. By the signs of the some broken house, Kagome concluded that there was a massacre that had happened when she was gone. 'Why wasn't I informed?'

She ran her hands through the bloodstains across the wall. Kagome whispered some prayers for the people. She had loved the Uchiha clan despite all their pride and arrogance. Their best quality was that they treasured their lovers and family like no other.  Kagome walked to the middle of the clan area, facing a home. It was the clan head's home.

She walked in slowly, looking around inside. It was filled with dust, but other than that, the home looked normal. Kagome saw a picture frame with a family. Two young boys with a father and mother. The younger boy was smiling widely while his older brother looked at him with love. 'This was a happy family.' She flipped the frame, reading the sentences "The family of the Uchiha pride, Uchiha Fugaku, Uchiha Mikoto, Uchiha Itachi, and Uchiha Sasuke."

Kagome somehow felt that this picture was too important to leave behind so she took out the picture and kept it inside her coat. After looking around, she left the house. Sadness and grief were inside her heart.  The Uchiha had held a special place in her heart. She quickly strolled out to go to meet Minato to ask for an explanation. It was late afternoon and many people were going back home. The air was getting more chilly and the sun was starting to set. Kagome was lost in thoughts when she was run over by a boy with a bright orange jacket.

"Oof," she grumbled out.

The boy that had run into her, was on top of Kagome's body. He was a bit dazed and realized his mistake. Getting up as fast he can, he apologized, "Sorry miss! I was running to get ramen first dattebayo!"

Kagome got up, wiping off the dust off her coat, "It's alright."

As she finished dusting herself off, she turned to stare at the boy who ran into her. Her eyes widen and she gasped.

"Minato?"

Please Vote and comment! I wanna hear your thoughts! :)