Chapter 11

Kagome woke up a little late the very next day. It was almost afternoon when she woke up. She got up to clean herself, with Naji waiting for her out the cottage. 

"You delivered it?"

"Yes," Naji bowed. 

"Thank you, Naji. I know it's hard for you to shrink down your size, but it had to be fast."Kagome petted Naji's head, rubbing her with affection. 

Naji enjoyed the touch of Kagome's hand and whined when the warmth of her hand disappeared. She followed Kagome toward the lake where many canines were near. When they saw Naji and Kagome, they back off and let them in peace. 

"What are you doing, Kagome-hime?"

Kagome took a small jar out and began to fill up the bottle. The chakra-infused water was shining inside it. She carefully placed the jar in a sealed scroll, putting the scroll back in her cloak. 

"Something I might need later on."

Kagome felt a sudden buzz on her hand. On the palm of her hand was the seal of the hiraishin, burning furiously. The glow of the seal was telling her something was wrong. Did something happen back in the Land of Water?

"I have to go, Naji. Tell the pack I'll be back."

Naji nodded, seeing Kagome disappear in a silver flash. Kagome appeared near the bridge where she saw the battle. Kakashi was fighting against Zabuza and it seems they were equally matched. On the other hand, Sasuke and Naruto seem to be having trouble with Haku's power of Ice. Sakura was fighting off the clones that Zabuza had made, protecting Tazuna. Kagome could not interfere, it was their mission. The team has to learn what it's like to be in a real mission. 

A sudden bloodthirsty charka appeared in the dome of Ice. Kagome felt a chill through her body. This was the exact charka of the nine-tailed. The charka reminded of the battle of her past. Had Naruto got pushed too far? The charka was immense and Kagome felt sucked into it. She opened her eyes and found herself in a sewer. It was gloomy and Kagome could feel the evil charka leaking through. 

"Who dares to come inside?" A dark voice growled out. 

There, in front of her, was the nine-tailed fox. He was separated in the red cage, a seal in the middle. 'Minato did a great job with the sealing', she thought. The nine-tailed fox glared at Kagome with his menacing eyes. He growled out loud, scratching the cage. The sound of his claw swiping the cage, clang loudly.

"You! Let me out! You have the same chakra as Madra's companion!," His voice angrily said, "You were there in that battle! You helped him!"

Kagome grimaced at the accusation. The red fox remembered her battle of the trio. It was true she had helped Madra sealed the fox inside. But she didn't know Madara would turn against the village. Madara had tricked her, saying it was for the good of the village and she believed him. She never thought she would be facing Madara in a bloody fight with Hashirama. It was her fault, the nine-taled lost his freedom. 

"I'm sorry."

"What?" The fox yelled.

Kagome dropped to her knees, kowtowing to the nine-tailed. She never thought she would meet the fox, but now she has to apologize to him. Yagura had told her the feeling of the bijuus. They never liked it when they were sealed inside a human. It was her past self who was naive and believed the good of everyone. She didn't know the feeling of the nine-tailed and sealed him without any warning. 

"I'm sorry for sealing you and giving you to Madara. It was my fault you lost your freedom."

The fox glared at the state Kagome was in. She was lowering her head to the water, apologizing for her mistake. He didn't know what to do. Humans were evil and selfish. They always took what they needed, giving no care to others.