Chapter 7

Kagome promised Shikamaru that she would visit at least once in a while. His eyes grew excited when she mentioned that she would play shogi with him when she comes back. With a final nuzzle to the deers, she teleported to a cave near Konoha. Before teleporting, she heard the scream of Shikamaru's name from a woman. Seeing that he was frightened, she assumed it must have been his mother. Nara clan's woman always has been scary.  

Kagome entered the cave and when she reached the end, there was a dead end. However, when Kagome removed a hidden seal on the wall, the wall opened up to her. She entered inside with the wall closing again behind her. There inside was an enchanting sight that would leave anyone breathless. Inside was a giant waterfall flowing down to an open lake. It shined brightly and what was special about it was that it had charka inside the clear water. When Kagome entered the place, she heard cries of joy calling her. 

"Kagome-hime is back! Everyone, she's back!" As a big glop of fur jumped into her arms. Kagome felt licks all over her face when she carried the big furry creature who was almost the same size as her to the middle of the area.  

"My my, you have gotten quite big, Tema. You were barely the size of my face when I came back."

"Of course! Father made me train with him when I was ready. I got quite strong you know!" The coyote grinned happily, being carried by his master. 

When Tema yelled that their princess was back, herds of wolfs, coyotes, dogs, and foxes hurried to go greet her. The place she entered was a sacred place for the canines. It was hard to find for shinobi. The only reason Kagome could enter so freely was that she had signed a contract with them. The seal automatically transported her to the island. Many shinobi had signed their summoning with dogs since dogs were more lenient to human, but none have ever come to the island of canines except Kagome. 

"Kagome-hime, we are glad you came back. Our pack missed you." A rough deep voice bellowed out. 

There walking to Kagome was Ren, a giant dark wolf with the rest of the leaders.  Next to Ren's right was Shen, Tema's father, the leader of the coyotes. On the other hand, on Ren's left, there was Naji, a powerful female fox leader. Following behind Ren was Yoto, a giant husky leader for the dogs. All of the canines made way for the leaders to walk to Kagome. Kagome was like an ant compared to the mighty canines, but they all bowed their head in respect to her. Kagome quickly told them to get up and was happy to see them too. 

"Is my house still here?"

"Yes, we took great care of it." A soothing voice spoke out of Naji as she walked toward to Kagome.

Naji was the leader of the foxes. Although she was the smallest out of the leaders, she was also the sneakiest.  Foxes were best for sneaking information. Each canine had a different role to play and helped Kagome throughout her life. 

"Thank you," Kagome replied as she climbed onto Naji's back. 

Naji carried Kagome to a small cottage that kagome had built a long time ago. Inside was her stuff as she went inside the house. She went to take a hot shower and clean herself. After cleaning herself, she wore black anbu pants and a collared shirt with a black cloak covering her. When she walked outside, the leaders were waiting for her. They all shrunk to be able to talk to Kagome comfortably, but was still bigger than her. She sat onto the grass with them.

"Minato died." She said nonchalantly, breaking the silence.

 All of the leaders widen their eyes and avoided Kagome's eyes. Kagome knew that they were hiding information from her.

"What happened to the scroll that I gave to Minato?"

Kagome asked for a scroll from Yoto to give to Minato a long time ago. She thought it could help him when he didn't have a summon yet.