Chapter 12

Hiruzen's POV 

"We're back, Gramps!" Naruto bust through the Hokage's office, "Kagome is going to live with me!"

Hiruzen gave Naruto a warm smile, looking at Kagome. Kagome shrugged her student. Hiruzen shook his head. Kagome always had a motherly aura around her. Making people trust her even though they probably shouldn't. How did Kagome still have this motherly aura? Even when she lost her entire clan, her friends, and her lover, she still kept smiling and brought people together. Hiruzen dismissed team 7, leaving Kagome alone with him. 

"Sensei, how do you like Naruto?"

"He's the spitting image of Minato. He's rougher around the edges, but the same boy I have taken care of."

"So, would you stay in Konoha, sensei?"

Hiruzen hoped for Kagome to stay in Konoha. He was getting old and unable to protect the village, unlike his prime time. Kagome would be able to protect the village if he ever was to die. He saw the warmth in his sensei's eyes when they look at Team 7. He was sure that they reminded her of her first team. But he hoped that team 7 also wouldn't have the fate of death just like Kagome's first team. 

"Yes. I will take Naruto under my care. I think I can stay in Konoha for a while." 

Hiruzen smiled while handing her an extra key to Naruto's apartment. He was glad that his sensei could have some happiness again.

"Thank you sensei, I hope you take care of Kakashi's team."

Kagome's POV

The apartment Naruto was living in was quite big. She opened the door with the key and the second she walked in, she automatically regretted saying she would live with Naruto. She felt her soul ready to leave her body at the sight of his apartment. Naruto was a complete hoarder! The smell of ramen was in the air and so many cups of ramen were stacked on to each other. She could feel the stickiness on the floor when she walked in. 'Oh my God. why can't he be a good housewife like Minato?'

"Welcome to my humble home, dattebayo!" Naruto ran from his room to Kagome, "Do you like it?"

Kagome looked at Naruto's wide blue eyes who was gleaming with happiness. She grimaced inside and prayed that she would survive in his apartment. She put on a fake smile and said, "Yes, Naruto."

Naruto threw a fist bump to the air and dragged her to the hallway. She was lead to a closed room, right across Naruto's. 

"Since you said you were living with me, I thought I would give you the room I never use." Naruto opened the door with a shocked Kagome. 

Inside the room were a single twin bed, a wardrobe closet, and a desk. The most surprising thing was that the room was filled with stuffed animals. There were big ones and small ones differing from different animals. All were arranged nicely at her bed, with the big ones laying down on the floor.

"I didn't know what you liked, so I asked Kakashi-sensei what usually a girl would like. He said stuffed animals so I went out to buy all the stuff animals as a welcoming gift! I hope you like it, dattebayo!"

"Oh Naruto," Kagome spoke softly, "Thank you."

Kagome hugged the surprised Naruto. He smelled like ramen, but Kagome didn't care. He may be a hoarder and very unclean, but he had the heart of gold inside of him. 

"But, we may need to go shopping. And clean everything else in the apartment." 

The rest of the day was Kagome shopping around with a very energetic Naruto by her side. She had her clones to clean up the apartment while they shop. They needed kitchen supplies and groceries. Naruto had told Kagome that he lived off cup ramen and boy did he hear a scolding from Kagome for being unhealthy. Kagome cleaned Naruto's apartment spotless and cooked a healthy meal for the both of them. Kagome told Naruto to sleep early because of the training Kakashi would give them. She noticed that the villagers did give Naruto some glares but when they did, they were met with a killing KI from Kagome. The villagers all avoided Naruto and Kagome after one incident.