Chapter 16

It was the day of the chunin exam. Kagome went to Naruto's room ready to wake him up before he would be late.

"Naruto...Naruto....if you don't wake up, you'll miss the exam."Kagome shook Naruto from his bed. 

"Wahh, datteabyo?"Naruto couldn't keep his eyes open, rubbing them. Kagome just wants to pinch his cheeks seeing how cute he is!

"It's your chunin exam today, Naruto, you better wake up."

Naruto's eyes shot open at the sound of "exam" and quickly dash off to the bathroom, "No! I can't be late! Sakura and Teme will kill me, dattebayo!"

Kagome chuckled and hollered out, "Breakfast is on the table! Bring it with you if you have to! Wish Sasuke and Sakura good luck for me!"

"Alright thanks, Kaa-san! I will! Bye!"Naruto already dressed, running out the door in lightning speed. He didn't notice the surprise Kagome's face.

Kagome heard the word Naruto had called her without him pausing or correcting himself. Kagome had noticed the simple slip sometimes, but she didn't pay any mind to it. She was just Naruto's caretaker and didn't expect for Naruto to be obliged to call her "mother". Over the past few months, Kagome and Naruto had gotten closer together, Naruto slipping inside her heart. She stopped comparing him and Minato because she acknowledges Naruto as his own person. 

'Kaa-san, huh? Wow.'

She had not heard that word in so long and it makes her grief a little in secret. Being a mother was no joke and seeing people die in front of her made her life even harder. But it was fine now. She was fine. Kagome went to get her black cloak and draped it over her body. It hid all her small and long white scars all over her body. She touched one jagged scar, in particular, just right on the left side of her stomach. That was not her biggest scar, but it was the one that hurt her the most. Both her body and mind.

'Well, it's time to meet Kakashi. I should probably go now.'

Closing her eyes, she began to sense for Kakashi's seal. She had put a seal on Kakashi's jonin vest to let her travel to where they were at during their time together. The same goes for Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto. Kagome had put so many seals in so many places and people that sometimes it would take her a while to find the right one. But those who were very close to Kagome, she was able to go automatically.

Right, when she teleported to Kakashi's area, three people were startled beside Kakashi. The group was outside a small tea shop, sitting down, ready to order. They were immediately on guard. Kakashi already knew it was Kagome based on her frequent teleportation around the team. He was once just like the others when he jumped in surprise. Kagome saw that Asuma was one of the people who got up. One of the three was a pretty woman around Asuma's age with bright red eyes. She could sense that the woman was weaker than all of them. but processed strong chakra control in particular for genjutsus. The other man was rather quite strange in Kagome's eyes. He had a bowl haircut, wearing a green jumpsuit, and had average chakra for a jonin however, she could tell he was a taijutsu master based on his built.

"Kagome-sama! Why are you here?"Asuma and Kakashi spoke at the same time. They looked at each other with confusion, wondering how one of them knew her too.

"I'm here to support in the chunin exam for my three small pups."

"Pups?" The woman spoke out, "Asuma, Kakashi how do you know her? I had never seen her in the village."

"She's Naruto's guardian, Kurenai. She's a very powerful shinobi." Asuma answered for her.

"How youthful! What a young mother and shinobi!" The bowl cut man yelled out, flashing his white teeth to Kagome, "You must be a new shinobi in our village!"