Chapter 21

"B-But how?"

"HE TOOK HIM HASHIRAMA, WHAT ELSE?!"Kagome screamed at the first Hokage with all her anger toward him, "CAN'T YOUR STUPID ASS THINK?"

Harshirama flinched at her sudden verbal attack. Kagome was emotionally unstable at this moment due to all her forced flashbacks she had suppressed down for so many years. Just seeing him made her so riled up and angry. Her eyes were a bit puffy from her crying. Hashirama's heart felt a little squeeze looking at her like that. He finally let go of her shoulders, stepping away from her. He knew he had to give her space. It was quiet around them. Only the battle against Orchiamaru and Tobirama for Hiruzen could be heard. Kagome's head hung low, tired from crying. 

Then a dark whisper was slowly filling Kagome's head. It was low and soothing to hear, but there was a hint of pure darkness.

'It's his fault.' The voice hissed in her head.

'He caused your pain. He caused you to lose him. He is the reason for everything.' The voice told her, provoking her. 

'No.' Kagome tried to fight back the voice, clutching her pounding headache. Harshirama was confused about why Kagome was holding her head in pain. 

'No? Stop denying it, you know it's true. Just release your true anger and your pain will disappear.' The voice seemed like it was smirking at her. 

A burst of laughter broke out of Kagome all the sudden. It wasn't her normal laugh, but a psychotic laugh. Hashirma froze at her tone. He knew what was happening. Something was very wrong with Kagome. She had hit the lowest point. 

The air turned freezing cold. Hashirama stepped back, fear coming into him. A dark aura was sweeping in Kagome. It felt so evil that Hashirama could see the dark purple aura surrounding Kagome. Her power was rasing higher, her Ki releasing out. She was releasing huge air pressure that almost knocked off Harshirama's feet. He raised one of his arms to block the pressure targeting him. 

Harshirama gritted his teeth, trying to yell to Kagome, "Kagome! Stop this!"

But she couldn't hear him. She couldn't hear anything. All she was hearing was the whispers going inside of her. They were right. Only the voices understood her pain. Kagome finally looked up, causing Hasrhirama to be in shocked. One of her eyes had turned blood red with purple marking spread into half of her body. She had a crazy grin spread on her face. Her gray hair blown by the air she was admitting. Harshirama would have described her as the devil had taken over her body. A beautiful demon. 

Harshirama's POV

He will admit it right now. He was scared. Scared of Kagome's outbreak. This was not the first time he had witnessed this happen to her. It seems like Kagome broke the seal that was placed on her again. There was a reason why Harshirama and Madara had to work together to seal that hidden power inside of her. The seal was to put Kagome steady and calm, not letting her run wild. It was the formula that was making her like this, the formula that Madara and he searched far just for Kagome to live. Harshirama regretted many things in his past life, but there was one thing he would never regret; saving Kagome's life. 

"I know you are in there, Kagome! Please, don't give in to the darkness!"

In the beginning, all Harshirama and Madara knew that the formula that they heard about was able to save someone close to death door. They searched through the entire continent to follow that rumor, even though there was a huge chance that it wasn't true. Harshirama was able to find it through a secluded island way off the map deep inside a cave. They never thought that the formula that was able to heal Kagome was an elixir. That elixir gave Kagome incredible healing, all of her wounds heal almost instantaneously no matter how severe. It left her being immortal, always looking like her twenties.