She nods, "Yes but unfortunately, if I don't get to work, Doug will kill me. But can you keep me some of these?" she points to the gladioli, "I'll pop back in when I finish. I think they'll look great in my flat."

"Those ones are almost past their best," Kayla frowns, "I was just going to put them out."

"Oh,"

"But I'll have fresher ones tomorrow. Sadly they're not my best seller. I'll make sure to keep the best ones for you tomorrow."

"Thank you," she smiles, heading for the door and before she leaves, Brian looks down at her, "Apologise to her, Brian."

He nods, "I will. Just have my coffee ready, Roxanne."

"I will," she promises, "See you later, Kayla!"

They would be friends. Roxanne would make sure of it.

++|++

That night, as agreed, John arrives at Roxanne's flat carrying two shopping bags which were filled with supplies for their cake baking and Roxy's eyes widen when she opens the door a little bit.

She had a door dasher and his name was Amos.

"Woah," she lets him in before the cat can get out, "What's all this?"

"Well when you said to pick some stuff up, I didn't quite know what to get."

"So you bought the whole baking aisle?" she laughs.

"Pretty much," he nods, leaning across the bags on the counter to kiss her, "Hello."

"Hi," she hums, immediately starting to dig through the bags to see what goodies he got, "What kind of cake do you want to make? Chocolate? Carrot? Or should we just play it safe and go for plain ol' vanilla?"

"I like chocolate cake," he murmurs and she smiles, leaning over to pinch his cheek gently.

"Then chocolate it is,"

John watches as she starts measuring out the dry ingredients, humming along to the radio quietly as she does so. He loves watching her bake. This may be his first time actually helping her but he has watched a couple of times; she always goes into her own little world, tongue poking out of the side of her mouth but he snaps out of it when she asks if he could get the wet ingredients ready to go.

"So what do we do now?" he asks once he's done as she asked, "Dump this stuff in here?"

"No, not yet!" Roxanne stops him, "We need to sift it first."

"Why?"

"To make the mixture light and fluffy," she informs, grabbing what she needs from the cupboard closest to her and he pats the baking instrument against his hand as she tips the flour and cocoa mixture into it.

When her arm gets tired from mixing, he takes over and Roxy hops up onto the counter to watch.

"Might have to invest in one of those electric mixers, love." he says when he takes a couple of seconds to switch arms and she scoffs.

"Have you seen how much those things are, John?"

"Can't say I have, no."

"They're expensive," is all she says and he goes back to mixing.

After a bit, he holds out the bowl for her to inspect and after dragging the spatula through it once more to check that there are no lumps, she nods in approval, dipping her finger in once she's poured the batter into two circular baking tins, holding it up for him, "Wanna taste?" Her teeth find her bottom lip as he obliges, licking the batter from her finger before dipping his own finger into the leftover bowl, smearing it across her cheek with a grin on his face. 

"John!"

Before he can stop her, she's dipping her finger into the batter again, retaliating quickly, leaving an unappealing brown mark down his face. 

Roxanne tries to hide her laugh but she can't and he raises an eyebrow. 

"Something funny?"

"Of course not," she shakes her head, biting down on her lip. 

"I see how it is," he nods, putting what he's holding down onto the counter and she quickly backs away from him when it's clear what he's about to do. 

"John!" she shrieks as he lunges forward, arms wrapping around her waist so he can gently wrestle her to the floor, his hands digging into her sides as he started tickling her, "John, John! Stop! I-John!"

He finally relents when she starts wriggling, leg kicking out in all directions and before she accidentally kicks him where it hurts, he stops, his hands taking hold of hers, gently pinning them to the floor beside her head. 

"I win," he grins, watching her as she attempts to catch her breath beneath him. 

Roxanne smiles as he pushes some hair from her face, eyes flitting between his and his lips, "I..." 

"Rox?" 

"I love you," she whispers, feeling her heart thud in her chest as he stares down at her and she clears her throat before repeating herself, just in case he didn't hear her, "I love you, John." 

He stays quiet for an excruciating fifteen seconds (yes, Roxanne counted) before a breathtaking smile takes over his face, "I love you too, Roxanne." 

++|++

so i finally caught up with almost two of the newest seasons of supernatural after a long time and damn, i forgot how in love with sam i am.