Free Pt 8

Your Pov:

The ground looked soft enough push through. I turned to Miles, "We need to get up there. The ground is soft." Miles spoke, "But how? There's no way to get up there." I picked up one of the pick axes, "I remember an old myth about water being found in the mines years ago. Maybe...just maybe, there's still enough here." Miles took the pick ax from me and started to pick away at a large mound of rocks.

Then, water started to spurt from a hole inbetween the rocks. I smiled, "You did it. Now we can get out." Miles hit the rocks again until water started to fill up the mining shaft. We got into a large wooden tub and Miles held a lantern. We started to float up towards the ceiling.

Soon enough, we would reach the top.

With Iris~

Iris stood in the throne room with the queen and King Phoenix once again. They spoke about the wedding plans, which made Iris feel a bit nervous. The queen turned to her, "(Y/n), de-" She was cut off by the door opening and Von Karma stepping in with two guards behind him. Von Karma pointed at Iris, "She is an imposter, your majesty! I have just figured out the truth for myself." The queen frowned, "This again, Von Karma? I think I would know my daughter."

Von Karma held a damp rag up for the queen to see, "With this, I shall reveal the imposter who stands before us." Iris tensed. The queen sighed, "If you are wrong again, I will not hesitate to demote you, Von Karma." Von Karma approached Iris and pushed the sleeve down her shoulder. He wiped the rag against the skin and then pulled the rag away. He turned to the queen, "She is an imposter! A common pauper! The royal birthmark was an imposter on to itself. Look!"

He showed Iris's now clear skin to the queen. The queen gasped, "T-Then where is my daughter?!" Von Karma spoke, "I am not sure, your highness, but I found her ring at the base of the royal mines, so she may still be alive." Von Karma turned to the guards and gestured to Iris, "Take her to the dungeon!" He grabbed the (h/c) wig off of her head, to reveal dark, black hair underneath. The golden tiara clattered on the floor.

The queen gasped and turned away. The guards then pulled Iris away. King Phoenix watched silently, staring intently at Iris. Iris called out to him, "I-I just wanted to save the princess! From him!" She pointed to Von Karma before the guards restrained her again. Then, she was taken down into the dungeon and left in a cold cell.

Back to Your Pov~

Luckily, we were able to use the pick ax to break through the thin ground. The sunlight warmed my skin and the air was fresh. We stepped out of the tub. The horse I rode to the mine was still grazing a few yards away. I turned to Miles, "We need to get back, quickly." We got onto the horse and headed towards the kingdom.

With Von Karma~

Von Karma approached the cabin. He noticed that the old stallion was no longer attached to the wagon, but brushed it aside, thinking it had just wandered off again. He unlocked the door and stepped inside. It was quiet.

Too quiet.

He walked across to the room that held the captive princess. That's when he noticed it.

The door was open just a crack.

He pushed open the door to find the room empty. He cursed silently and headed back to his horse. He needed to find her, and quickly.

With Iris~

Iris sat in the cell, lulling the guard to sleep. She needed to escape and expose Von Karma. Soon enough, the guard fell asleep. Iris used a hook made from things in her cell to get the keys off the guard. She quietly unlocked the cell door and ran for it.