Needing You Pt 2

Your Pov:

I cleaned up and left the bathroom, trying not to draw any attention to myself. I went to my desk and got back to work. I filled out some more reports before clocking out for my break. I called for a taxi and headed back to Miles' house. I packed up most of my stuff and left a note that said:

Dear Miles,

If you are reading this, then I have not come back from work. I don't think I'll ever come back. I loved you and I still do, but I don't want to fight for something that doesn't want to be fought for. I've already gotten all of my stuff and I've found somewhere to stay.

I know you'll see me at the precinct, but please, just leave me be. I need time to think about things and once I come to a decision, I'll let you know. Just, don't make this harder than it already is, ok?

Love, (Y/n)

I dropped my stuff in a hotel room I rented out before heading back to work. I saw Miles a few times, but we just ignored each other. When work was over, I grabbed my things and got another taxi to the hotel. I got to my room and settled in. After about 30 minutes, my phone rang. It was Miles. I sighed and ignored the call. He called me a few more times and left some voicemails. I listened to one of them. Miles sounded distraught,
"(Y/n), where are you? This letter is ludicrous. Please, come home."

I turned my phone off and fell asleep on the uncomfortable hotel bed.

I awoke early the next morning. I sat up and started getting ready for work. All of my reports were finished and I hoped to have an easy day today. I grabbed my bag and made my way to the precinct. I quickly made my way to my desk in the back and started working on even more reports. Luckily, Miles never came out of his office to look for me. It made me kind of upset, but I shrugged it off. Then I heard someone at the front of the room, "Is Detective (L/n) here?"

Miles.

I got up from my desk and started speed walking towards the bathroom. I heard him call me, "(Y/n)!" I made it to the bathroom and locked the door. I turned off the lights and he passed by without a second glance. I turned the lights back on and sat on the floor. I didn't want to see him. I couldn't.

I knew he wanted answers, but I didn't have them.

And even if I did, I wouldn't tell him.

This relationship is falling apart at the seams and I don't know how to fix it.

If only...

I did.