Stay With Me (Godot x Reader)

A\N: Hey Guys! I know requests are very slow right now! I usually have them out within a day or two, but I have a lot of requests in my inbox right now. I apologize in advance if your request comes later than someone else's. I'm trying really hard to get them out, so don't worry!

This chapter takes place during the poisoning incident with Diego. Because of the timeframe, I will refer to him as Diego in this chapter. You are also dating him when it occurs.

Your Pov:

I sat in the office helping the interns organize some files. Mr. Grossberg was at home sick, Mia was at a trial, and Diego was doing interviews in the courtroom cafeteria. I had just put the last file away when an intern came running over to me, "Ms. (L/n)! It's Ms. Fey. She said it's urgent!" I went to the office phone quickly, "Mia, what's going on?" She spoke quietly, "You need to get to the hospital! Diego was poisoned during his interviews." I stuttered, "A-Alright!" I dropped the phone and bolted out the door.

I quickly made my way to the hospital. As I reached the ICU, one thought ran through my mind, 'Stay alive...Stay alive!' I got to the waiting room where Mia was sitting. Her head was in her hands. I sat down next to her. I grabbed her hands and looked at her, "What did the doctors say? Is he breathing? Is he going to survive this?!" She shrugged say, "I haven't heard anything from them yet. When they took him from the cafeteria, he was breathing. And I don't know."

I bit my lip, "Who did this? Mia, do you know?" She shook her head, "No. The police checked the person he interviewed last and found nothing on her." After that, we went silent. I watched as doctors came and went, telling one family good news, and another, bad. I hoped and prayed that we would be the ones to receive the good news. 5 hours later, a doctor finally came to us. I braced myself for the bad news as the doctor began to speak, "Mr. Armando injested a non-lethal amount of poison, so he did not end up with any life threatening problems. We pumped his stomach to remove all traces of the poison. However, he is in a coma. We are unable to determine how long he will stay that way." I sighed in relief.

The doctor led us to Diego's room and then left us alone. Mia let me go in first. I opened the door and closed it behind me. I looked at Diego. He was hooked up to a bunch of machines. His heart beat filled the dull silence. I sat in the chair next to the bed. I rested my head on the rail and cried. After a few minutes, I stopped. I kissed his forehead and stood. I walked to the door. As I put my hand on the knob, I turned and whispered, "I love you, Diego. I'll be back soon."

Mia went in after me, spending only five minutes inside as well. We left after that. Grossberg was informed by an intern earlier that day, and he let me have the rest of the week off. That whole week, I did nothing but lie in bed, cry, and visit Diego. He didn't wake up that week, or the week after that. In fact, a whole month went by without him waking up. I still visited him everyday without fail.

Soon, months turned to years, and everything changed. Mia was murdered and that broke me even further. Diego still hadn't woken up and the doctors began to speak to me about pulling the plug. I had faith that he would wake up and declined their advice. In the years he was in his coma, his hair turned completely white. The doctor explained to me that poison seeped into his nervous system and had most likely damaged his eyes as well. I cried when I heard the news. Things would never be the same. I was starting to hit a new low.

TRIGGERING SUBJECT BELOW!!!

I was coming to a point where I was so miserable that I didn't want to be alive anymore. It hurt me a lot and I could tell that the doctors noticed. They stationed a nurse outside Diego's room as a quick prevention method in case I decided to try anything. Because of that, I memorized their schedules. At 9:30 in the morning the day nurse would come. At 10:00 at night, the night nurse would come. In between the night nurse coming and the day nurse leaving, there was a 30 minute gap where no nurse would be present. I had decided that Diego wasn't going to wake up and I started to think those dark, dark thoughts.

The night, I went to go visit Diego, I put a bottle of sleeping pills in my purse. I got to his room at 9:00. The day nurse smiled at me. I smiled back. I went inside the room and closed the door. I sat in the chair next to the bed and watched the door. 9:30 came around and the day nurse walked away. I took the pills out of my purse and opened the bottle. I then noticed that one of the doctors had left a coffee cup on the bedside table. I went to the cup and picked it up. I went back to the chair and sat down. I poured the pills into my hand and popped the coffee cup's lid open.

The coffee smell permeated the room. I closed my eyes and lifted the pills to my mouth. Suddenly, I felt a hand knock into mine. I opened my eyes quickly, thinking the night nurse had caught me in the act. I gasped. Diego was awake! He spoke, "Kitten, please tell me that you weren't going to do what I think you were." I felt tears run down my face, "I felt so miserable and alone! You've been in a coma for 2 years. Mia is gone! This has hurt me in ways that words can not describe!"

TRIGGERING SUBJECT OVER!

He looked at me. I gasped. His eyes were now a light icy blue. The warm brown was now gone. He spoke, "What do you mean 'Mia's gone'?" I sighed, "Mia was murdered a year after you went into your coma. But her killer was brought to justice." He clenched his fists before relaxing, "What else has happened?" I picked up a hand mirror from the side table, "Here, see for yourself." He looked in the mirror and nearly dropped it in shock, "T-That poison did this to me?"

I nodded, "The doctor said it affected your nervous system. They also said it most likely affected your vision. How are you seeing right now?" He tilted his head, "I'm seeing alright, kitten." I sighed, "Ok, what color shirt am I wearing?" He looked at me shirt and spoke, "White." My eyes widened. I shook my head, "No, It's red." I pressed the button for the doctor. The doctor came in and checked him. After the doctor examined his eyes, he determined that Diego would need a special visor to protect his eyes from getting anymore damaged.

They fitted the visor the same day and we were able to check out of the hospital. After that day, Diego was never the same. He gave himself a different name: Godot. I was the only person he allowed to calm him by his real name. He also searched for the defense attorney who took Mia's case. Once he found him, he vowed revenge. He became a prosecutor so he could meet him in court. I stayed by his side through everything and he never stopped loving me.

And after everything I went through, I never stopped loving him either.