Melodies (Phoenix x Reader)

Your Pov:

I sat in the Borscht Bowl Club with Phoenix, Apollo, Trucy, and surprisingly, Klavier. Phoenix had told us that his card playing wasn't cutting it anymore and that he had an idea for entertainment. He showed us a video of what he wanted to do. After the video, I looked at him, "Are you sure about this? I mean, think of how long it will take us to perfect it!" He gestured to Klavier, "With Mr. Perfectionist here, we'll have it down in no time." With that, we got to work dividing the lyrics and setting up.

We rehearsed our lyrics individually and then ran through without music. Phoenix had set up a table and placed some tarot cards he bought on it. He placed chairs around the table and arranged the speakers. He turned to us, "Let's try it now. Play the music." Apollo played the music and rushed back over to us. Phoenix sat at the table, "You're in my world now, not your world. And I've got friends on the other side~" As he sang the last line, we all harmonized, "He's got friends on the other side~" Trucy cut in, "I find delight in the world of grim~"

Phoenix gestured towards the table, "Sit down at my table. Put your mind at ease~" We all walked to the chairs and as I did I walked behind Phoenix, brushing my hand over his shoulders. I smirked and sat down, "I've put a spell on you~" Phoenix looked around the table, "If you relax, it will enable me-" I interjected, "Now you're mine~" Phoenix continued, "To do anything I please. I can read your future~" Klavier smirked, "Be prepared~"

Phoenix turned some of the cards over, "I can change it 'round some too~" Apollo rested his elbow on the table and leaned close, "Trust in me~" Phoenix passed cards to each of us, "I can look deep into your heart and soul~" Trucy interjected, "Poor unfortunate souls~" Phoenix flipped my card, "And make your wildest dreams come true~" Trucy leaned forward, "So sad; So true~" Phoenix leaned back, "I've got voodoo, I've hoodoo, I've got things I ain't even-"

Apollo hit the high note, "Tried~" Phoenix looked at all of us, "Cause I've got friends on the other side~" Klavier cut in, "And if you aren't shaking, there's something very wrong. Cause this may be the last time you hear the Boogie Song~" Apollo sat up straight, "Woah~Woah~Woah~Woah~Woah~
Woah~" We harmonized with him until the next line. He leaned back, "I'm the Oogie Boogie Man~" We all leaned forward and harmonized, "Beware! Take care! He rides alone." We sang and started to hit random poses, "This vampire bat! This inhuman beast! She ought to be locked up and never released!"

We all looked to the left and then right, "He swears to the longest day he's dead! He'll show him that he can get a head!" Apollo and I sang, "The world was such a wholesome place until~" I carried on singing, "He had a plan to shake things up and that's the gospel truth~" Phoenix shuffled the cards, "Are you ready?" Klavier sang, "This fire~" As we backed up Phoenix, "Are you ready?" Klavier sang again, "Hellfire~" Phoenix sang, "Are you ready?" We all harmonized, "Are you ready?" Klavier finished, "This fire in my skin~" Phoenix smirked.

"Transformation Central~" Trucy backed him up, "Yes, it's he, but not as you know him~" We sang together, "Transformation Central!" Trucy sang again, "Read my lips and come to grips with reality~" Phoenix looked over all of us, "Can you feel it? You're changing, you're changing, you're changing alright!" Klavier had a sad look, "Far from the ones who abandoned you. Chasing the love of these humans-" Apollo and I synchronized, "Love is an open door~" Klavier sang lightly over us, "Who made you feel wanted-" Apollo sang.

"Because they guzzle up the things you prize~" Phoenix gestured to the cards, "I hope you're satisfied~" His voice deepened, "But if you ain't, don't blame me~" The guys sang together first, "Don't forget it!" Then Apollo, Trucy, and I sang together, "Don't forget it!" Then we all sang together, "Don't forget it, you'll regret it~" Klavier smiled, "This land we behold~" Trucy sang, "The beauty untold~" Apollo chimed in, "A man can be bold~" We all synchronized, "It all can be sold~"

Klavier smirked, "As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating~" Phoenix gestured to all of us, "And you can blame my friends on the other side~" We all chimed in, "You got what you wanted! But you lost what you had! Shh~" We finished the song and burst into cheers. We managed to make no mistakes and we sounded great!

After a talking for a while, Phoenix pulled me off to the side, "What was that little thing about?" He was smirking. I tilted my head, "What do you mean?" His smirk grew at my tone. His hands found their way to my shoulders, "This is what I mean." He brushed a hand along my back, "It wasn't a part of the performance, but I'm not complaining." I pulled away and turned to him, "Thought so. Now, we have a rehearsal to get back to." Before I could walk away, he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close to him, "Relax a bit."

I nearly jumped when I felt his lips on the back of my neck. He let me go and we went back to the others. Trucy and Klavier were asking Apollo about how he hit that high note. Apollo was blushing out of embarrassment.

Two days later, we performed in front of the club's audience. We nailed it and everyone seemed to think that it was great. Phoenix and I also got together after the performance. I also kept doing the shoulder brush thing during every performance. People went crazy for it.

So, in the words of the song, I got what I wanted.