Betrayed Pt 2

Your Pov:

I made my way back to our-no. MY house. The house was under my name, so it's a win-win for me. I went into one of the guest bedrooms and locked the door. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called my friend, Maya. We were really close and I needed someone to vent to. It rang for a few seconds before she picked up, "Hey, (Y/n). What's up?" I sighed, "I may be getting a divorce soon." Maya gasped, "Why?! What happened?" I spoke, "He cheated. That's why." I went silent as I heard the front door open and close. I heard his footsteps come upstairs to the guest room's door and stop. Maya went quiet.

Damon spoke, "I'm sorry, alright? I didn't want it to end like this." I spoke to Maya, but made it loud enough for him to hear too, "I never said I was perfect." He sighed, "I never meant to hurt you (Y/n)." I tried to keep my voice from cracking, "I didn't try to live the best live I can." Damon tried opening the door, but stopped when he saw that it was locked, "I'll always love you!" Maya asked if everything was ok. I spoke to her, "Yeah, just, so many times wounded..." I heard Damon speak before shuffling away, "I'll go pack my bags." I continued talking to Maya, "So many times heartbroken by a man. He knew that I loved him. That man, that man! He knew that I cared!" Maya sighed, "He used that to his advantage." I continued, "He knew I would've died for him! And now he's gone and I'm alone. And that just ain't fair."

I closed my eyes, feeling frustrated, "God knows I tried to be a good wife! I know I did the best that I could! I gave him my heart and my soul!" The frustration became clearer and clearer, "And he knew that I would! I gave him the best years of my life!Now look at me, sitting here. Buried in pain, drowning in strife. Wondering what would happen. In the rest of my life!" Maya just stayed silent, letting me blow off steam, "Oh, look at me now! So down in despair!
But now, I realize what I did wrong:
I gave him too much over me!  Yes I did!" I could hear shuffling outside.

I threw a nearby book at the door to drain my frustration, "And then he left me full of hurt! And god, I know I tried to be a good wife! God knows I did best I could! I gave him my heart and then I gave him my soul. And he knew that I know I would!" Maya questioned me, "Didn't you already say that?" I ignored her and continued, "I'm never, I'm never gonna wait for no body! No! I'll walk forward for the rest of my life! I never said I was perfect..." I looked out the window to see his car and to also see her sitting in the passenger's seat, "I just tried to live the best live I can! So many times, so many times I'm wounded! So many times my hearts been broken by a man...This is not how my life will end up!"

Maya cheered me on after the last sentence. I smiled slightly at that. I shut the blinds and sat down, "No, a new beginning for me. I'll find a way. Oh, I'll find a way to get some peace." After a while of Maya and I talking, she had to go. I hung up the phone and placed it back in my pocket. I peeked through the blinds and saw that his car was gone. I quietly walked to the master bedroom. Damon's side of the room was empty and looked as though it hadn't been touched at all. All of his stuff was gone. It was just me now. I found a lawyer and started the divorce process. As soon as this is done, the better off I will be.