Old Endings With New Beginnings

Jay POV

1 Month Later...

I sat watching sparring that was happening in front of me. I still wasn't allowed to do any training, or go on any of the adventures that my Family have. To them, I was still far too weak to do much of anything. I was only allowed to watch.

"No Students. You must kick higher up. Your Enemies will throw you off your feet if you kick that low." Wu said from ahead.

I sighed as I struggled to get up. I felt someone help me up. Of course it was Master Wu. He bent down and grabbed my crutch.

"Are you alright, Jay?" Wu asked as he made sure that I was in a correct position.

"I just need to get some fresh air. I am going for a walk." I announced as I started making my way towards the wall of the Monastery.

"I really don't know if that is such a good idea, Jay. Remember that you are still in the healing process." Wu reminded me for the 70th time this week.

"I am not allowed to do anything! It was only a few minor hiccups in my body. The only major thing is my knee, and I have already had all of the surgery that I can on it for the time being. Now, I am going on a walk because I need some time to think without people pestering me all of the time. I am not some little child. I am a grown man. I am not asking for your approval, I am say that I will be over here if you need anything." I said as I groaned in annoyance.

"Unfortunately, he has gained 2 times of speaking words. I honestly didn't think it was possible. Lloyd is lucky that he got out when he did." Cole whispered, thinking that I couldn't hear him.

I stopped, my breathing hitched.

"I think he heard you, Cole." Zane observed.

"What makes you say that?" Kai said sarcastically.

"The way that his body is sending messages." Zane said as he looked at Kai in confusion.

"You know that it is not the best idea to bring up the Lloyd situation while he is healing. We are trying to let him get better without much of the stress." Nya said as she quickly made sure that I was not getting picked on.

I didn't say anything as I walked towards the Morals. The Morals told of our past adventures, like memories and lessons about what went right and wrong. The one with Nadakhan made me feel like he was never really dead. Sometimes I wonder if any of them are.

They were finishing up 2 Morals, the ones that happened in the past few months. So much has happened. It feels like nothing is ever going to be the same.

I know that it will be like that for such a long time. My Parent's were dead. My Enemy was gone along with them. My Mom and Sister were no where to be found. Thousands of people died, and it was all because of me. It was because I was not strong enough to stop my destiny. My destiny that I had a feeling that I had only postponed it to a later date.

I felt my eyes drifting back to Nadakhan. So much has changed since that time. Some of those things for the better, and some of those things for the worse. I can't help but wonder if me and Nya would have gotten back together if it wasn't for him.

That entire event was still my fault. Much like the events that have happened lately. Everything was always my fault.

"I know that you want to start training again, but I also agree with Wu. You need time to heal. I already thought that I had lost you twice, and I don't need a third time to be the one that takes Jason Gordon Walker away. It is hard to think that more people have been after the Lightning Ninja than anyone has for the Green Ninja." Nya said as she took my arm and looked at the Murals with me.

"Jesters must be very limited." I joked as I kissed her hair.

I felt her laughing at my terrible joke.

"Well, then you can tell people that this Jester is already taken." Nya said as she kissed me.

I was a little shocked, but then quickly returned the kiss. This was way past our usual boundary lines that she had once again set up for us.

"We have a serious problem." Nya announced when she decided she was done.

"And what problem may that be?" I teased.

"You being on a crutch has so many draw backs." Nya said with a smile as she started drawing circles on my arm with her finger.

"Is Nya actually trying to do dirty jokes? How cute." I teased her again as I tapped her nose.

"We should get out tonight. We don't get enough time to just the 2 of us." Nya suggested with a smile that was threatening to get out.

"We would still need to do things that your brother approves of. He would find out one way or another Miss." I teased for a final time.

"I don't know what we are doing. You haven't told me yet. Goodbye, and see you at 5 my love." Nya said in such a rush.

"Hey!" I gasped when I was able to process what she was saying.

5 PM....

I took a blindfolded Nya across the bridge.

"I am still quite annoyed that you haven't told me where you are taking me." Nya groaned as she almost fell for a third time.

That is what you get when you give me 3 hours to plan a date." I told her with fake annoyance.

Nya groaned again.

"Calm down, crybaby. We are almost there." I told her as I stopped her.

I slowly grabbed the blindfold from off of her face, and I smiled when I heard her gasp. Her smile refused to leave her face.

There were hills and the sun was just setting from up ahead. There was a lake with water lilies. On each side of the lake, there was willow trees and a cherry tree.

However, I knew what she had gasped at. In front of her, Roses were laid out. They spelled out:

Will you marry me?

"Are you serious?" She whispered as she slowly turned to me.

I sat on one knee before her with a ring box displayed out for her grasp.

"Nya Smith, you have been my Lover and Best Friend for what feels like forever. You make me so happy. When we are not together, it feels like half of me is missing, and I just love you so much. I love you and your family, and I love the life that we have built before us. I just cannot picture a life anymore with out you in it. Will you make me the happiest person alive by becoming my wife?" I asked as I showed her the ring.

"Yes! A thousand times yes!" Nya shouted as she put on the ring. 

I pulled her into my arms and kissed her with all of the passion that I could. Our Family came rushing out and we all celebrated together. For the first time, everything felt as it should.

However, every happy ending has a dark shadow following it. I wish I had know that there was someone lurking in the bushes. Maybe I could have stopped it before it got any worse.

"Enjoy your happiness, because it is only a matter of time before that dissolves into nothing. It is only a matter of time until you are both gone, Jason Walker and Nya Smith."

This may have been an expected ending for the 2, but they had no idea what they had gotten themselves into. A new beginning was on the horizon, and it was far worse than what anyone could have ever imagined.