Breakthrough

Nya POV

Jay came into the room. His mind looked locked off as he looked to be fighting something within himself. Like some sort of demon stuck between 2 wires that locked into his heart and mind.

 "I am fighting him off as long as I can, Nya. You need to get out of here now while you can." Jay told her as he held is head.

"I can't leave you here. I can help you get your memories back. We can try to get back to our brothers." I told him desperately.

"Me and you both know that it is too late for that, Nya. Get out of here and save everyone. Save them from me." Jay said as he fell to the ground, screaming with pain.

"Jay..." I said as I started going to him.

"No, Nya. Get out of here now. I mean it." Jay said as he formed lightning to block himself from me.

I felt my body run, but my mind was filled with a broken circuit.

Flashback...

I felt my body running as I looked to the hole that was going to tear up the City. I didn't process what was happening. I just knew that I had to stop that from growing bigger.

It was then that Jay knocked me out of the way, taking my place.

"What are you doing, Jay?!" I shouted at him in fear.

"You will forgive me one day, Nya." I heard him whisper.

I felt my body start to jump into the hole when my brothers grabbed me by the hood, holding me back. I felt myself fighting for freedom from their hold, but it was of no use.

"JAY!!!" I screamed for him.

"I love you Nya Smith." I heard him whisper.

"We need to help him!" I yelled at my teammates.

I watched as they all nodded in unison as we made a line. It was when we  were about to jump through that the lighting blocking came into view. We couldn't get past.

"I'm sorry Nya, but you know that this is the only way. It is too late. You need to save yourself. You need to stay here to protect Ninjago. I love you!" I heard him say.

I watched as a huge light of explosion erupted from the hole. Darkness consumed me.

End Flashback

By the time that I tried to turn away and go back to him, I was already lost. I sat like that as I felt the tears traveling down my face. 

It was then that a boat came flying through the air.

"NYA!!!" I looked up to see my brother rushing to pull the anchor down.

I stepped onto the anchor and watched as I felt my body being lifted into the air.

I stepped onto the floor as Kai grabbed me and pulled me into a huge hug. I felt his tears crashing down into my arm. d

This was only the calm of a storm. I only wanted this moment to continue forever.

 I was not ready for the events that were about to happen, or the mysteries that were going to be revealed as the unknown began to unravel into a story.