Lost A Brother

Kai POV

I watched in horror as Jay was lifted up in the air. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Nya. What was going through her head right now?

I slowly turned towards Nya. She looked like she was horrified. She looked like she was in pain. She looked mortified with herself. I'm sure she blames herself for this. That she thinks it is all her fault that this happened.

I couldn't handle looking at either of them anymore. I quickly turned my head and looked towards the floor. My head pounded and my eyes burned. I didn't notice the tears that were coming out of my eyes.

Weird noises started coming out of my mouth. It eventually became hard for me to breathe. My vision became unsteady.

I could hear the shouts and screams from my teammates. I could hear the pleas from Jay for the pain to stop. Then, there was silence. 

I knew at that moment that the war was over. We had lost.

There was nothing that I could do about it, and I knew that I could have stopped it if it wasn't for myself.

Cole POV

I watched as a black and purple creature slowly fell to the ground. It had bloody red eyes and pitch black skin. 

"It is done!" Alisa cackled in delight.

The creature started zapping everything in sight. It was changed into something dark and dangerous. The Ground started growing into black spikes as a strange purple and dark blue mist filled the top of the building.

"Jay! You need to stop!" I heard Lloyd scream.

He looked towards us with hatred in his eyes.

"Jay is gone! There is only Ciardha, ruler of Ninjago!" The creature screamed with anger.

That was when I heard a strange strangled noise behind me. I slowly turned my head to see Kai with his head between his legs. I could see the tears hitting the floor. It took me a minute to realize that he was crying.

I felt myself get as close to him as I could. I wonder if he blames himself like the rest of us. I turned towards Nya to see that she was trying to get out of her cage. She was doing everything in her strength to try.

"Nya! You need to stop!" I screamed towards her as I watched her slam her body into the cage for the 100th time.

"I need to get to Jay!" She screamed towards me as she did it again.

"Jay isn't here anymore Nya. He's gone." I told her softly as I watched her stop suddenly.

I watched as the mist came towards me, and once it touched me, I was surrounded by darkness. The last thing that I could remember was hundreds of Oni marching through the door.