三十二。哥兒們聊

ابدأ من البداية

James frowned. "How could you tell it was Ben?"

Livia fixed him with a blank look. "Could it really be anyone else?"

"It could be Sarah getting angry and getting her hair on fire."

"Ha, I wish," Livia muttered darkly. "Unfortunately, the chances are against that. It's Ben. Ten thousand percent. Let's go find those fuckers."

The two started heading down the corridor. Livia glanced at the direction the kitchen was at, scowling when James started towards the other way. "The hell do you think you're going?"

James blinked, nonplussed, opening his mouth to answer. "Isn't this... oh."

"You are such an idiot."

"I told you. I'm an idiot with some things."

Livia laughed. "Like, you fool?"

James didn't immediately answer, but he started lagging behind as the two made their way through the corridor. Livia frowned, turning back her head, and found James murmuring to himself.

"Things like love," James whispered softly when he thought Livia couldn't hear him, his voice poignant and painful. Livia's mouth turned dry.

***

In another world, the eight weren't standing around the kitchen of the Carmen residence as awkwardly as ever. It certainly didn't help that Ben was dripping wet from head to toe, trying to dry himself with a blowdryer in the corner (and disrupting the already uncomfortable silence). He had accidentally lit something on fire, like she had immediately guessed. What, Livia didn't bother asking. She was aware that Ben splashed water all over himself in an attempt to put it out, however. It wasn't too big, so Livia couldn't see why the boy was in such a rush.

But it was Ben Carmen, so Livia didn't question it.

"I hate this party," the boy in question growled as he yanked at his half-wet t-shirt, causing Livia to roll her eyes.

"Just go change, you ugly beast. No one wants to see your non-existent muscles. Get into the bathroom and change. It's as easy as one-two-three, unless your toddler-ish brain can't comprehend that-"

"We get it," half the room instantly seethed. Livia glanced around with a scowl on her face, taking a sip of a cup of water.

"Rude!"

"Suffer, Wong, suffer," Ben snarled. "You guys ganged up on me before, now we gang up on you." He flashed a smile, showing off his painfully perfect teeth. Livia let out the loudest gag she could muster.

"Yeah, right. You guys love me. I keep it real, and I'm hila-"

"Why is everyone stealing from Santana Lopez?"

"Because she's that good," Sarah replied with a dead smile, offering Lila her blankest stare.

"Wow," Jack nodded, "this party sucks."

"That's what I said!" Ben laughed. "Great minds think alike, man-"

"No one thinks your mind is great. Shut up, brother dear, and go change."

Ben pouted at his sister, but Brie simply glared back. Livia couldn't keep the smile off her face as the two siblings had a staring (glaring?) contest, with Brie easily winning, and Ben sulking off to the bathroom (which Livia finally remembered neither she nor Sarah actually bothered using).