Chapter 37

Everyone waiyed impatiently for the new of Aaliyah. Kiara, Kesha, Jo Anna, Susanne, Jermaine, Janet, La Toya, Missy, and Tim. No one knew what was going with her. She was an extermly heathy woman. What could've possibly caused her to lose that Much blood. What could've caused to become unconcious during the ride to the hospital. No one new, Not even Susanne. and she knew almost everything about her. The doctor walked in. He was a Tall dark man in a coat with a clipboard in his hand. He stopped in front of the family."Can I speak to Mrs. Jackson's husband or Mother?"He asked.

Susanne stood up."Her husband is out of town I'm her Aunt."She said.

The doctor smiled at her."Well just step into my office he said opening a door near the waiting room.

Susanne walked into the room and took a seat infront of his desk. She waited impatiently for him to start talking about the condition of Aaliyah."Well?"She asked

"Your daughter is fine, But she lost alot of blood and her hear rate was extremely slow we have her in ICU right now she'll probably have to stay in there four about four weeks."He said.

Susanne Sighed in relief."Oh think God!"She relaxed a little."What caused her to lose so much blood though?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about."He said. He pushed his clipboard to the side."I would've rather had Her husband here with you but you'll do"

Susanne looked him confusingly"What does her husband have to do with her losing alot of blood?"She asked.

"Well, Your niece had a Miscarriage."He said. "And that's why she was cramping so badly, I wanted her husband here to see if he knew anything about it."

Susanne stared at him in disbelief"She had a what?"

"A miscarriage."

"I heard you the first time, I'm just....Shocked!"

"She didn't know did she?"

Susanne shrugged."I haven't talked to her in the past few wekks so I wouldn't know>"

"Well she was atleast one month pregnant. And from the looks of it I don't think she would beable to have anymore kids."

Susanne put her hands over her mouth"What? Why not."

"Her body can't seem to handle the baby, it's not stong enough."He explaimed."If she were to get pregnant again, there may be a chance that she would miscarriage again, or possibly die."

"Well how do you know? this was her first pregnacy."She asked.

"Wel like i said she had lost more blood then what's suppose to be lost in an average miscarriage. So we ran some tests, and we found out that her body isn't used to the changes that most women go threw during a pregnacy. Now usually the body can correct itself over some years, but by the looks of the condition she was in I doubt it will happen."

She stared at him for a long moment."Okay, is there anything else."

"No."

"Thank you Dr...."She looked at her name tag."Brown."

"anytime." he said.

Susane felt a little light headed after that, she knew that this would break Aaliyah's heart Including MIchael's they had been talking about starting a family a little while after his tour and now there's a chance that she might not be able to have a child.

As soon as she walked in the room everyone started asking her questions about Aaliyah's condition.She held up her hand to stop them from talking over eachother."Aaliyah is alright. She lost alot of blood and she's in the ICU right now." She didn't want to tell them every thing, IT pained her to even talk about it.

"Well what caused her to lose so much blood?"La Toya asked.

Susanne let out a long sigh before speaking."She had a Miscarriage."

"What?"La Toya, Janet, Keisha, and Kiara said all at the same time. Jermaine just sort of looked up in disbelief.

"How did she have a Miscarriage?" Keisha asked Dumbly.

"Keisha, If she had a micarriage then obviously she was pregnant."Kiara said.

KEisha ignored her."But how, I mean did she even know?"

"Apperantly not,"Susanne said as she sat down in the chair closest to her."But the doctor said that she can't get pregnant again, if she do she will either miscarriage again, or die from the miscarriage like she almost did."

"Oh My God!" JAnet said. "This is tare her apart."

" I know, especially Michael"

" Speaking of Michael. Has someone called him and told him about Aaliyah?"La Toya asked

Everyone went quiet.

" Are you serious? He needs to be here."

" Look, La Toya." Kiara said." All our phones are.dead right now, I was gonna call him as soon as I had access to a charger."

" Well.did you try Layla's phone?" Janet asked as she.walked over to her purse and pulled out her BlackBerry. " She always keep this thing charged." She pressed one of the buttons and it came on in an instant."See he's already called like three times already."

"Well, why don't you call him and tell him whats been going on." Keisha suggested.

"Uh uh! Im not telling him" she said as she handed the phone to her.

Kiara have him a.crazy expression" Hell, Nawl, im not telling him, you do it."

Soon they was debating on who should call him. Susanne rolled her eyes. " Oh My God, give me the same phone."

Just then it started ringing. Kiara looked at it." Oh shit its him" she said . Literary throwing it in Susanne's lap.

Susanne shook herhead and then pressed the answer button. " Hello?" She asked.

" Hello?" As soon she heard his soft sweet voice she understood why the girls was securing on who should give him the news. She suddenly felt a rush of nervousness run through her body." Hello, Liyah are you there?"

She took a deep breath." Michael, this is Susanne."

" Oh high Susanne! How are you?"

" Not so.good." she said in truth." Michael, when is the closest time you think you can come back to America?"

" Ummmm, cant leave unless its an absolute emergency."

" Well good, because this Is an absolute emergency." She said in an serious tone.

" Whats going on Susanne?"

She went quiet for a moment."Aaliyah is in the hospital."