Chapter 21: When Something Bad Happens To The One You Love.

I went over to Susanne since I hadn't spocken to her in a while. We.was.sitting in the kitchen having a conversation and laughing when she stopped talking and immediately started staring at me with a smile."What?" I laughed. 

" Why are you glowing? I see this glow going on." She laughed. 

I immediately started blushing." I don't know what your talking about." I lied  

"Mmmmmhmmmm." She smirked." I think you know exactly what I'm talking about." 

" No I don't" I said shaking my head quickly. I couldn't keep a lie going if my whole life depended on it. 

She just laughed." Hows Michael anyway?" She asked, changing the subject. 

" He's been great, he's filming a commercial today." I said. 

" Oh yeah I heard about that commercial." 

I nodded " After this he says he's gonna start working on shortfalls for his next album." 

" He doesn't plan on doing anything else?" She asked with a smile. 

I raised my eyebrow." What are you talking about." 

" You know, taking that big step in your relationship." 

I stared at her blankly. 

" Marriage, Aaliyah!!! Marriage." 

"Oh!" I felt a little dumb. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks." I don't know." 

" WhY? You mean you two haven't talked about it?" 

" We have just, not that much." I said." And besides I'm sure if Michael was to propose to me, I wouldn't know anything about it. He likes things to be a surprise." 

" Well I hope he does, its not everyday you see.a couple being together for eight years and not having a stupid off and on relationship. You two are meant to be together, and I knew that when I had pies smashed in my face on my thirty-fourth birthday." 

I started laughing."You have to admit, it was funny." 

She gave my a look." I had to sit in a beauty shop chair for another five hours." 

" But it was still funny." I said, with a huge smile on my face. 

She gave in and started laughing." Okay it was a little funny." She said.

Michael and his brother took their places that on the stage, Jermain, Jackie, Tito, Marlon, And, Randy stood on the stage, while Michael stood on top of a ramp. They had gone over the routine five times already. And they wanted to do it on more time before actually filming the whole thing for the actual commercial. 

Just before the sixth practice the director Bob Giralie came up to Michael." Michael, your coming down the ramp to fast." He said." We need to see you up there then after magnesium flash bombs go off then you go down the ramp." 

"Okay." Michael said. 

Michael didn't know the magnesium flash bombs was just two feet above his head. But he stayed up there. Like he was told and when the bombs went off, he went down the started of the ramp dancing unaware that his head had caught in fire. The audience, that the filmed the commercial with mouths dropped as they watched him dance without a clue. Then he went into a spin. The audience gasped, and then he felt the heat and started spinning uncontrollably. He fell down and tried to shake the flames off. Miko Brando was the first to get to Michael,a d then his brother came. The audience started screaming. Someone yelled" Get some ice, Get some ice!!!!" The were sounds of people running, people tallying " Oh No!"Michael was helped up and led to a stretcher. Five minutes later was placed in ambulance and led to the hospital.