Chapter 31

" Aaliyah! Girl your on in two minutes!" Tim yelled from the other side of the door.  

I rolled my eyes. I didn't feel like performing I didn't feel like going out there knowing Michael was gonna be out there to. I mean I hadn't seen him yet but i knew I would.I hadn't spocken d to him since we broke up. Which was three weeks ago. I hadn't tried to call he hasn't tried to call me. We just sort of acted like we weren't best friends sixteen years. Keisha and Jo Anna said he'll come to his senses. Knowing Michael and how stubborn he could sometimes I doubted that.  

The news about our breakup didn't get out into the press, but I had a feeling it would soon will. I was at the 1 st Annual Gold Award show and the press is always around, i came by myself so they was probably already suspicious.  

I stood up and walked out my dressing room towards the entrance of the stage and waited for Diana to finish her little speech about me that I didn't listen to. All I could think about was how much I missed Michael how I missed his gentle touch . How i missed him singing to me when I couldn't sleep at night or how i would sing with him over the phone when he couldn't sleep at night. I hatred it. My heart pained so much. 

"LADY'S AND GENTLEMEN PLEASE GIVE A WARM WELCOME TO THE QUEEN OF R&B AND OF URBAN POP, AALIYAH!!!!!!!!!"  

I stepped in front of the Mic as the lights lightened up on me and I began to sing my song:

How Could The One I Gave My Heart To, Break My Heart So Bad? 

How Could The One Who Made Me Happy, Make Me Feel So Sad? 

Wont Somebody Tell Me? So I Can Understand. 

If You Love Me, How Could You Hurt Me Like That? 

How Could The One I Gave My World To, Throw My World Away? 

How Could The One Who Said I Love You, Say The Things You Say? 

How Could The One I Was So True Too, Just Tell Me Lies? 

How Could The One I Gave My Heart To, Break This Heart Of Mine? 

Tell Me........ 

How Could You Be So Cold To Me? When I Gave You Everything. 

All My Love, All I Had Inside. 

How Could you Just Walk Out The Door? 

How Could You Not Love Me Anymore? 

I Thought We Had Forever. 

I Cant Understand. 

How Could The One I Shared My Dreams With, Take My Dreams From me? 

How Could The Love That Brought Such Pleasure, Bring Such Misery? 

Wont Somebody Tell Me? Somebody Tell Me Please. 

If You Love Me, How Could You Do That To Me? 

Tell Me........ 

How Could you Just Walk Out The Door? 

How Could You Not Love Me Anymore? 

I Thought We Had Forever. 

I Cant Understand. 

*How Could The One I Gave My Heart To, Break My Heart So Bad? 

How Could The One Who Made Me Happy, Make Me Feel So Sad? 

Wont Somebody Tell Me? So I Can Understand. 

If You Love Me, How Could You Hurt Me Like That?*